Prominent
May 3, 2021
Hello. I would like to know, for how much i could sell those components:
CPU: Amd fx 8350@4GHz
GPU: Nvidia geforce 1050Ti
RAM: 2x4 DDR3L HyperX Fury@1600Mhz
MOBO: Asrock N68C-GS FX
PSU: Seasonic @400W
I'm planning on rebuilding a fully-new PC and actually don't really need those parts, so price of them would help me.

Solution
Brand recognition, or there is a common/popular system that recommends Samsung memory.

Buying DDR3 new is certainly pricey, fabs are winding down and the transition to DDR5 is starting up. DDR3 is still in a lot of cheaper devices, or buried in less power critical applications, but making desktop memory isn't a huge priority I'm sure.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Wow, okay, lots of people paying way too much for the 8350, that might be worth putting out there since shipping is minimal. $75-150 (keep in mind the slowest Ryzen is faster, and any late model Intel i3)

About $25 for 2x4G DDR3L 1600Mhz

Board is about $15-60

PSU: $15-30

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, even a 1050ti is well in demand right now. The FX series has not aged well, if it ever was a good option.

It was, for a very brief time, after several price cuts, a decent option. Didn't compete well against Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge at launch. Though the FX-6300 was generally the way more performance/dollar choice. Soon as the DDR4 i5s were available from Intel, not so much.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Wow, okay, lots of people paying way too much for the 8350, that might be worth putting out there since shipping is minimal. $75-150 (keep in mind the slowest Ryzen is faster, and any late model Intel i3)

About $25 for 2x4G DDR3L 1600Mhz

Board is about $15-60

PSU: $15-30

Admittedly I haven't had to shop for any DDR3 in a while, but have seen many accounts up until very recently (when being ellipsed by these GPU prices) was hearing that it was quite a bit more expensive than traditional pricing. Bry over at TYC mentioned it sometimes being more than "comparable" DDR4, so there could be some value in that.
In my own experience I can put up Samsung DDR3 for $25 a stick on a 4GB and sell like hot cakes. Fully enough the similar spec Crucial is a much harder sale and often at $10-15.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Brand recognition, or there is a common/popular system that recommends Samsung memory.

Buying DDR3 new is certainly pricey, fabs are winding down and the transition to DDR5 is starting up. DDR3 is still in a lot of cheaper devices, or buried in less power critical applications, but making desktop memory isn't a huge priority I'm sure.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello. I would like to know, for how much i could sell those components:
CPU: Amd fx 8350@4GHz
GPU: Nvidia geforce 1050Ti
RAM: 2x4 DDR3L HyperX Fury@1600Mhz
MOBO: Asrock N68C-GS FX
PSU: Seasonic @400W
I'm planning on rebuilding a fully-new PC and actually don't really need those parts, so price of them would help me.
Depends on where you live.

In US $ I would ask 200 for the working PC without the video card. From what I see of the motherboard it has a built in chipset for video you can remove the video card to confirm this. Not sure you can get that but a good starting price.

• Graphics
    • Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 graphics
    • DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0
    • Max. shared memory 256MB
    • Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920x1440 @ 60Hz
Then 200 more for just the video card. Depending on where you live as what to actually take for it. EDIT 150 if their actually cards available where you live.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It makes sense, the fastest chip for a given hardware generation tends to hold value. Just surprised in this case. I imagine a lot of people that do this drop the 125W chip in 95W boards and wonder why it breaks three weeks later.

Memory prices were all over the place, I think it just takes the right buyer. They might be looking for a specific module to match what they have already and just have to go for it.

just_afkej

Prominent
May 3, 2021
Depends on where you live.

In US $ I would ask 200 for the working PC without the video card. From what I see of the motherboard it has a built in chipset for video you can remove the video card to confirm this. Not sure you can get that but a good starting price.

• Graphics
    • Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce 7025 graphics
    • DX9.0 VGA, Pixel Shader 3.0
    • Max. shared memory 256MB
    • Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920x1440 @ 60Hz
Then 200 more for just the video card. Depending on where you live as what to actually take for it. EDIT 150 if their actually cards available where you live.
I live in Slovakia, soo,. Im guessing, that there are alot of PCs that run DDR3/DDR3L memory. I wonder, if you could reply with prices in euro, so i could start right up, selling stuff.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can more or less take the US dollar prices in place of Euro prices, exchange rate is 1 to .8 at the moment. So $200 would be 160.

All I did was look at completed sales for the parts individually on ebay. You could do the same for your local market.

Keep shipping costs in mind if you are listing it online. Many people after a deal won't want to pay for shipping and will adjust their bids accordingly. If you are selling locally, list it a little high and let them negotiate it down to what you are comfortable with.

TRENDING THREADS