Question Short freeze with buzzing sound out of the speaker, probably a driver issue, help identifying.

metalhusky

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

so around half a year i started getting those random short freezes, with buzzing sound, that last a second or so, coming from the speakers, not PSU or GPU as some people suggested.

I don't know what changed.

Except that i overclocked my CPU and GPU, but i already did those overclock 1 1/2 years ago, safe stable OC, everything was working fine, no problems. (CPU @3,8GHz, 1.38V, GPU @2GHz)

So the reason i think it's a driver issue is because it's only on Windows 10, i have Linux Manjaro running on the same PC as well, and everything works perfectly there.

On Win10, i tried uninstalling the GPU Drivers with DDU, the Realtek driver, tried, doing the "fresh start" or what ever it's called on Win10, where you basically get a fresh install, but with all your files still being there.

Didnt work, i still get those buzzes with freezes.

How can i identify the problem / driver(if thats the problem).

I checked Event Viewer btw, shows no errors or warnings, Temps are totally normal, GPU at 40 Idle and 60-65 under load, CPU at 35-38 idle, 55-60 under load.
Testet the RAM, no issues there, still freezes/buzzing.
Tried with no OCs, same thing,

My system:
R5 1600 with an AIO
GTX 1070 TI
RAM Ballistix 16GB 2666
MoBo MSI B350 GAMING PLUS
PSU XFX P1-750G-TS3X 80Plus Gold

Please help, i don't know what else i can check.

Thanks

this isnt an operating system problem.its usually associated with the gpu or gpu drivers.try rolling back the gpu oc and see what happens.what are your current clocks both cpu and gpu?also make sure you have the latest gpu drivers.also post your complete specs.

metalhusky

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
Run DPC latency checker,it will check your latency and give you a clue on which driver it might be.
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

So, i've been doing stuff this whole time, trying to figure out, what is going on, i used that checker, but i just can't figure out, whats up. I do still think it's a driver issue, but i dont know.

Just wanted to give an update... no progress has been made.