TerraCorbix12345

Prominent
Oct 27, 2021
I purchased an MSI Optix G273 from Costco about a month ago and while it's been doing great so far, I noticed that there was a dead pixel near the upper left-hand corner of the screen (in pics provided). For now, it looks like there's only one dead pixel on the monitor, although there could be some I'm not noticing. I've tried to wipe it off, but it hasn't come off so it's definitely not a bit of dirt on the monitor. The dead pixel, once you see it, you can't unsee. It's most obvious with brighter colors like white, green, and red.
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg
IMG_0815.jpg

Costco's return policy states that it will accept any returns made within 90 days after the purchase. Should I return this monitor or just accept the dead pixel?

Wolfshadw

Titan
A quick search shows Costco appears to default to the manufacturer's dead pixel policy. From another quick search, the MSI Dead Pixel policy appears to be a minimum of three. You can try to return it, but if you mention the dead pixel, they might refuse to accept it as a return.

-Wolf sends

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
Costco seems to accept any return within 90 days. I don't know we don't have them here. Just return it if it bothers you. But now I am looking at my QHD monitor in detail, and there is so much dirt on it, and a pixel would hardly be noticeable. It is up to you.

Latest posts