Nov 5, 2019
Hello. My laptop is not working properly for the last month. It started freezing randomly while using Google Chrome or Adobe Creative Cloud programs. After the freezing started, other problems started to appear - booting for several minutes, freezing in login menu, disk error checking, diagnosing PC,.. I tried to reinstall windows and laptop worked for maybe 1 - 2 weeks properly, then the same problems started to appear again. I reinstalled the windows again, this time with complete SSD formatting. After maybe week of working properly, the same problems started to appear again, this time even worse - PC is often stuck in loop of repairing, diagnosing checking the disk. It takes several loops of these checks to just start. Then when I try to login it freezes. After logging in laptop takes probably 5minutes to just start working properly (with freezes). I have no idea what is causing these problems, is it faulty SSD or some other component? Or is the computer just old and need a replacement? (I am planning to buy new one, but need this one in work).

I checked SSD health with chkdsk command and it didn’t find any errors. Samsung Magical tool and CrystalDiskInfo are indicating good health of the SSD (10TB written files). Also it should not be any malware (on SSD) because I am using antivirus program and run only bought programs.

One thing I recognized is, that sometimes it takes Google Chrome too long to load a new page and it is saying “waiting for virtual memory“, but I do not think this is related to other problems.

My laptop configuration:
5 years old Asus G750jz
Intel Core i7 4700HQ
Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M
16gb ram
SSD Samsung EVO 850 250gb (160 gb is free), 2years old (for windows and programs)
1TB SATA HDD for my documents, pictures, video..
Windows 10

Last edited:
Solution
Have you checked status with CrystalDiskInfo for both drives or just the ssd?

If all disks are good, I'd reccomend you testing RAM using Memtest86+ - let it run some hours and see if it detects any faulty ram.
Nov 5, 2019
Hi, since I had to work on the computer I decided to buy a new ssd. At the moment it works perfectly but I had strange problem with win10 installation. I was not able to install win10 on the main disk slot, I had to connect the ssd to the second slot just to install win10. At the moment I can not have 2 disks connected inside my laptop, I have to connect it externally. When new laptop arrives I will try to use the Memtest+ and reinstall the system as well. Thank you for your help.

Last edited: