[SOLVED] Sudden issue with microphone and headset

Jul 21, 2020
My headset sounds like it plays double audio, like an echo, even when i have my speakers set as the audio device.
So my headphones play sound when they're not selected and in all cases play an echo of all audio entering the microphone.
It plays some static noise like waves crashing when the jack is plugged in but not connected to the headset.
Not the best description of my problem but thats the best I can come up with for now.

The only change ive made to my computer recently is installing new RAM that i chose to OC.
In the meantime I'll do a windows update. And if that doesnt work I'll undo my RAM overclock.
Until then any suggestions would be great to hear

Solution
Premise being that all was well and working as expected before the new RAM and subsequent overclocking.

Verify that all external audio connections are properly and fully in place.

Reopen the case and double check all connections - especially audio related.

You may have inadvertently bumped something loose.

Whatever you do ("undo RAM OC') be careful to change only one thing at a time.

Otherwise if there is a "fix" or even more problems you may not know what actually happened.

Ralston18

Titan
Premise being that all was well and working as expected before the new RAM and subsequent overclocking.

Verify that all external audio connections are properly and fully in place.

Reopen the case and double check all connections - especially audio related.

You may have inadvertently bumped something loose.

Whatever you do ("undo RAM OC') be careful to change only one thing at a time.

Otherwise if there is a "fix" or even more problems you may not know what actually happened.

Solution