[SOLVED] Swapped power and reset buttons, now PC turns on and fans blast at full speed, but doesn't boot up.

Tehnee

Distinguished
May 5, 2013
I installed some new RAM, and upon restarting my PC realised the power button from my 12 year old PC case doesn't work. It's a physical problem not an electric one (the plastic has warped and can no longer be pressed in), so I swapped the power with the reset button, which can be pressed in fine. But now all I get when I press the reset button is full fan speed, and no booting, no output on the monitor either. I can still hold down the reset button for a few seconds to power down, so the button is definitely working functionally. Just something with my PC (maybe the new ram? idk) is up.

TIA :)

Solution
The Power and Reset buttons are the same, just with different label, it makes no difference (unless the Reset button is physically stuck).

Could be the new RAM like you said, remove all the RAM and install one stick to see what happens.
The Power and Reset buttons are the same, just with different label, it makes no difference (unless the Reset button is physically stuck).

Could be the new RAM like you said, remove all the RAM and install one stick to see what happens.

Solution