[SOLVED] System Volume Information on USB drive - Bios

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,

I’m looking to update my bios on my first pc build. I’ve got a usb 2.0 16gb and I’ve got system volume information on it? Will this affect me updating my bios as I know the bios file is meant to be the only file on it. Any help appreciated and i can’t delete it! Stress aha

Solution
No it should not affect it but done wrong will leave you with nothing
BIOS
to access the bios hammer the delete key before system boots up as soon powered on
have a fresh formatted FAT32 USB stick download the bios from motherboard manufacturer only stick the bios you just downloaded on the USB stick recommend at least 2 bios's even if old re-boot press the delete button repeatedly to get into your bios select system then update bios select usb device flash it leave it to do its thing then you should be good with your new bios
if done wrong will brick your motherboard

you might want to watch some youtube if there is one for your board
BIOS
to access the bios hammer the delete key before system boots up as soon powered on
have a fresh formatted FAT32 USB stick download the bios from motherboard manufacturer only stick the bios you just downloaded on the USB stick recommend at least 2 bios's even if old re-boot press the delete button repeatedly to get into your bios select system then update bios select usb device flash it leave it to do its thing then you should be good with your new bios

Solution
Jan 24, 2021
BIOS

Thank you, I’ve seen mixed things on whether that file will affect it and now i’m not sure whether to look into how to delete it as apparently it’s possible. I’ll see, thank you for your help