Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
To anyone that can help me,

Here's the situation, I have a Tenda AC1200 a11 router that I tried to update the firmware of. I accidentally clicked a blank space on the web ui while it was updating at 70% which made the progress bar disappear. It then cut off my connection with the router shortly after. Now, the LED indicator for the SYS is stuck on as well as the LAN LED indicator because I have it hooked up to my pc through an ethernet cable.

Not super sure if this helps but checking the IP on with ipconfig shows nothing on default gateway, the router is currently on dynamic setting.

I've tried resetting it countless times to no avail. It's almost as if I didn't even press the reset button. I'm very stumped because I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to router and wifi stuff. Thanks in advanced to anyone who answers! (If it is indeed bricked, please tell me what's the best thing to do to fix this problem :( )

Last edited:
This is the case where buying cheaper routers can cost you more money. The issue is mostly poor support. Many modern routers have a method to recover from failed firmware flash. The problem is finding the instructions. Large vendors like asus or tplink you can find it on their sites.

The process can be very involved with having to wait until a light flashes on a router and then quickly keying in a command on your pc. Other involve much more skill like connecting a cable to a internal port on the routers main board.

You unlike many people already know the magic word to google search for. If you look for your model and the word "bricked" or "unbrick" many times you will find posting. This is where having a more popular brand of router helps. You can also try looking around sites for third party firmware like dd-wrt
These guys mess up router firmware more often so there is much more discussion on those forums on how to recover routers, maybe your is similar enough that you could use those instructions.

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
This is the case where buying cheaper routers can cost you more money. The issue is mostly poor support. Many modern routers have a method to recover from failed firmware flash. The problem is finding the instructions. Large vendors like asus or tplink you can find it on their sites.

The process can be very involved with having to wait until a light flashes on a router and then quickly keying in a command on your pc. Other involve much more skill like connecting a cable to a internal port on the routers main board.

You unlike many people already know the magic word to google search for. If you look for your model and the word "bricked" or "unbrick" many times you will find posting. This is where having a more popular brand of router helps. You can also try looking around sites for third party firmware like dd-wrt
These guys mess up router firmware more often so there is much more discussion on those forums on how to recover routers, maybe your is similar enough that you could use those instructions.

Hmm I see, thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at discussions about those

ajohnson30

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2012
Something to try...
Locate the RESET/WPS button on the Back of the Tenda Wireless-N Access Point.
Press and hold the RESET/WPS button for 7 Seconds. ...
Release the RESET/WPS button to complete the process.

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Something to try...
Locate the RESET/WPS button on the Back of the Tenda Wireless-N Access Point.
Press and hold the RESET/WPS button for 7 Seconds. ...
Release the RESET/WPS button to complete the process.

Already did this a lotta times, doesn't work for me, I even did it for 30 seconds one time and still didn't work

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
Although I have no idea for the tenda what you do is on many other routers is reset them and then use a TFTP command to put a firmware image. Again the exact method varies a lot from device to device

How do people usually do that? Can I get like the most common way to do it or maybe a search term? Cause I think I've tried looking into that but I just didn't get it

ReHack

Prominent
Jan 30, 2022
NO NEED FOR ANSWERS CAUSE I FOUND IT!
To anyone with the same problem please do the instructions below:
For Tenda AC11 Devices:

#1: TURN OFF ALL Windows FIREWALL services (Control Panel > Profile Domain OFF, Personal Domain OFF, Public Profile OFF)

#2: Download the old firmware that Works... Go to Global Tenda Website and Choose China site - and search for Ac11firmware... download the version V02.03.01.32_CN) * USE ONLY THIS VERSION * I tested all others Firmware and all those bricked the router! **

#3 rename the file for AC.bin and put it on C:\ #4 do the sequential 30-30-30s and plug the CABLE into WAN PORT.

#5 Go to Network properties and use this:
IP: 192.168.1.10
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.2
NS: 192.168.1.2
DNS2: 192.168.1.3

#6 Install the TFTP Client on Control Panel > Resources and Programs > Active or Desactive Windows Resources (left side)

#7: go to CMD and use the command: tftp -i 192.168.1.6 put AC.bin Wait for message: “Successful transfer” #8 WAIT! Router will restart automatically!!! And Have Fun !!!!

PS. This fix is for people who installed the firmware version "V02.03.01.122" from the official Tenda site

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TRIED TO HELP!

Reactions: i_arb and atzachi
Feb 6, 2022
NO NEED FOR ANSWERS CAUSE I FOUND IT!
To anyone with the same problem please do the instructions below:
For Tenda AC11 Devices:

#1: TURN OFF ALL Windows FIREWALL services (Control Panel > Profile Domain OFF, Personal Domain OFF, Public Profile OFF)

#2: Download the old firmware that Works... Go to Global Tenda Website and Choose China site - and search for Ac11firmware... download the version V02.03.01.32_CN) * USE ONLY THIS VERSION * I tested all others Firmware and all those bricked the router! **

#3 rename the file for AC.bin and put it on C:\ #4 do the sequential 30-30-30s and plug the CABLE into WAN PORT.

#5 Go to Network properties and use this:
IP: 192.168.1.10
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.2
NS: 192.168.1.2
DNS2: 192.168.1.3

#6 Install the TFTP Client on Control Panel > Resources and Programs > Active or Desactive Windows Resources (left side)

#7: go to CMD and use the command: tftp -i 192.168.1.6 put AC.bin Wait for message: “Successful transfer” #8 WAIT! Router will restart automatically!!! And Have Fun !!!!

PS. This fix is for people who installed the firmware version "V02.03.01.122" from the official Tenda site

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TRIED TO HELP!
Thank You man! , you save my router great guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.