G

I am going to purchase a new 10\12\32x cd-rw. I've heard from everyone that the Plextor cd-rw's are the best, but I've been able to find an Aopen 10\12\32x cd-rw for about a hundred dollars less than a Plextor. Is Aopen a good company in general? Can anyone point me to a review of the Aopen cd-rw? Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
pedro229

G

go for plextor.
if u also have a plextor cdrom drive, the 2 drives can do a bit by bit copy. that mean it can bypass any form of cd protection anyone can think of.

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'd suggest you to avoid the Aopens, after hearing about many problems with them. Plextor is, IMO, the best out there.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Two drives by themselves cannot do a heck. Software, that what does the trick. But Plextor is good anyway, have one also, even it is 8432 it does more than I'll ever need... hehe

K7 + KT7 + MX300 + VooDoo3000 = :smile:

Kerbear

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The best price I've seen on the Plextor is 195 at http://www.essencom.com/ I know it is a plextor 12/10/32. I don't know if the company is reputable or not. I've just been eyeballing it for my future purchase.

G

Definately get thee Plextor drive. They may seem expensive but you pay for undeniable quality. If you have a few more bucks you could even stretch the boat and get their new 16/10/40 drive.

If the money is there go with the best - Plextor

hey,

I bought the plextor 12x10x32A cd-rw for 209 bucks at www.mwave.com! I have not had ONE buffer underrun at all since i have had it. I have had my computer freeze up! and it still finishes the burning! I had 140 MB to burn, my computer froze up, i went down stairs sat around for a little while came back up and rebooted my machine i check the cd-r and 140MB was copied!!!! i'm serious! it is the best burner i have ever had! i had one before, it was an acer.

get this writer! It is worth every penny you pay!

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
They're not the best around, but will suffice. I would say they're "average." No major perks, but does the job.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Well, that´s what Burn-proof´s for!
If you had one buffer-underrun , then i would be surprised! :)

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
I think it´s common knowledge that Plextor makes the best CD-Roms and CD-Rw´s!

Go for the 121032A and you´ll get one of the best CD-RW drives on market! The 161040A would be the charm!

If you think Plextor is too expensive , you might want to look at Creative´s own 121032A RW drive (It might be less expensive!) ! Surprise, surprise! They got it from
Plextor and it has the Burn-proof also!

i dunno... i have the plextor writer. Trust me! you'll be happy with it! I was thinking of getting the aopen writer that is 150. But then i'm thinking of all the trouble it is in getting a cheap writer! It's a pain in the ass! I was also thinking of getting the 8x4x32 writer but it was only like 30 bucks cheaper. So i went all out and paid 209 bucks for the plextor writer at mwave.com <- never had a problem there, very good vendor. Trust me! you'll be happy with it! pay the extra measly 50 bucks and get a writer that will last for a very long time!

Listen to the good reviews instead of taking your chance with a cheaper writer that will probably give you problems!

Plextor 12x10x32A ... plextor even provides a 10x cd-rw! yes a 10x cd-rw!! go ahead and try to find a 10x cd-rw! ok!?
your not gonna find one. i've tried, on the web anyway.

Have fun!

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
I don´t suppose you live in Europe, do you?

I have the same problem finding the 10x RW!

They seem to be rarer than a four leave clover!

ya i can't find them 10x rw's.. BUT plextor gives you one! when i read a cd-rw they give you, i'm thinking a 4x.. nope, it was a 10x cd-rw! Dude the cd-rw writes as fast as the 12x, but it's 2x less, making it 10x lol...

G

Here in Spain I just found 10x CDRW!!!!!

Next Monday I'm gonna order a pack of 10

G

I can get Ricoh and Verbatim, both of them are recommended at the Plextor homepage.

Each Ricoh CDRW costs 664 pesetas and each Verbatim 711 pesetas (I was too lazy to calculate the amount in $).

This is my #200 post!!! - At least I'm an enthusiast!!!

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Don´t bother with the dollars!
I live in a country very near yours!

Do you Know PORTUGAL? :-D

It would be about the same price here , if they were on stock in stores!

G

I went to Portugal for a week with my family in the summer of 1996. I don't remember many things about the visit.

For me it sucked... every single holiday with my parents sucks, maybe if I had gone to Portugal with friends I would have better memories.

I'm not going on holidays with my parents anymore.

I am going to see how much it would cost to send you the CD-RW from here.

G

It's awfully expensive!!!

2450 ptas up to 1kg, using Spanish Correos y Telégrafos, I am gonna find out how much it would cost with UPS or Seur.

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Thanks , but don´t bother !
I still have my 10 CD-RW from Plextor!

Maybe if i get desperate, i´ll jump on my car and go to Spain and buy it there!

Thanks anyway!

G

You cannot find them in stores, I'm gonna explain the entire process to get them.

There is only a distributor in Spain which has them, as it is a distributor it just sells them to stores, and as in the stores nobody needs 10x CDRW because everybody has got slower CDRW drives, they don't bother to have them on sale.

So you have got to go to the distributor's homepage, see the stores to which it distributes, and phone the local store and tell them to get a pack of 10 10x CDRW from the distributor.

Then in a week or so you can go get them at the local store.

G

Where do you live in Portugal?

Maybe I could find the nearest store in Spain where you could order them.