The Tom's Hardware F@H Team Thread (Team 40051)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
Yes, I've gotten a passkey. It must be because I pause it mid WU and shut it down when I sleep. I guess I can sleep on the couch once the competing begins... Curse my light up fans!

Are they that bright that even with your eyes closed you can still see them?

Ne0Wolf7

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016
No, but my enire room becomes a lovely blue that can even be seen from outside (maybe I can get red and green fans and call it Christmas). Or I could move the PC into the other room, run a long HDMI cable to my monitor, another two long cables soldered to a button to act as the on/off button, and USB extensions for my keyboard/ mouse, but the fans are kind of noisy anyway.

You'll get used to the glow and fan hum eventually. Then after a while sleeping in silence becomes unsettling :D

Pausing does reduce points a lot. If you look in FAHControl, notice that it has two values for points: "base credit" and "estimated credit". The difference between these values is the bonus credit which is based on how quickly you finish the WU (and it is a significant portion of the total credit). So pausing makes you finish less WUs and reduces the credit awarded for each of those WUs (because they take longer). If you do need to stop, if you can wait until the WU is complete before stopping it will help your PPD a bit.

Or if you know you're going to need to stop later, you can tell the client to just finish the current WU without starting another one.

Just depends how long of a WU you get, of course.

uguv

Distinguished

The 1070 arrived yesterday :)

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016

Unfortunately the last working F@H driver, 373, is not updated high enough to work with Battlefield 1. If you try to start Battlefield up it will ask you to update your graphics driver.

But can you use that driver for F@H?

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016

Yep still works for F@H :). Hopefully Nvidia fixes the issue soon though so we don't have to force people to choose between recently released games and folding.

Nice, which model?

Yep still works for F@H :). Hopefully Nvidia fixes the issue soon though so we don't have to force people to choose between recently released games and folding.

Just for one week choose F@H, it will cheer the Mouseman up and you never know when u might need him:D

Same issue here. I don't want to choose either F@H or gaming.

uguv

Distinguished

Asus DUAL-GTX1070-O8G

Well for the next week choose the F@H option please as we need all the folders we can get.

:ange:

Choose F@H, it's only for a week, c'mon man what's the matter with you!!

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016

True. Never hurts to remind the mods that you helped save their cheeks from a paddlin :)

We are all gonna feel like fish soon.....when we get battered :lol::lol:

20110221-127355-dinner-tonight-beer-battered-fish-thumb-625xauto-142043.jpg

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016

Speaking of which, if we do by some unholy power lose the folding contest will we get to know what implement is used to paddle the mods? Won't change me folding for Tom's, but you know, would like to know.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador

Are you familiar with our Tom's Hardware hammershttp://www.tomshardware.com/news/tom-s-hardware-hammer-giveaway,29442.html? Imagine a jumbo sized version of that, with a bit of flimsy padding so nobody gets seriously injured ;)

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016

So it's a win for win every... Oh, I mean our poor mods! Guess we better get those XL ice packs ready for them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.