Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2020
when trying to migrate windows server 2012 R2 to 2016 via Robocopy . .. I have a problem that can't be skipped named -the path is too long -, something like that!

how can I solve this ?

Reactions: AshleyTimothy
Solution
You can check the path and just try to shorten it if no matter about the structure , but if this over (+50) or you matter about the structure this will be a high load on you ,
- Also may be trying to troubleshoot with the capability to solve the problem via this link
https://social.technet.microsoft.co...cters-in-windows-2012-r2?forum=winserverfiles
- and the last choice is to use softwares that can handle this issue
-and I found a thread here talking about solving this issue , I hope it will help

USAFRet

Titan
when trying to migrate windows server 2012 R2 to 2016 via Robocopy . .. I have a problem that can't be skipped named -the path is too long -, something like that!

how can I solve this ?
Reduce the path length.
It is almost certainly due to multiple levels of subfolders. And then maybe a disturbingly long filename at the end.

"3rd Quarter Human Resources Report_SatelliteSite_3_First Draft.docx"
(nested within 5 subfolders)

Possible fix?

No idea of how well that might work, just something I found.

Feb 20, 2020
You can check the path and just try to shorten it if no matter about the structure , but if this over (+50) or you matter about the structure this will be a high load on you ,
- Also may be trying to troubleshoot with the capability to solve the problem via this link
https://social.technet.microsoft.co...cters-in-windows-2012-r2?forum=winserverfiles
- and the last choice is to use softwares that can handle this issue
-and I found a thread here talking about solving this issue , I hope it will help

Solution

fredfinks

Honorable
Not sure if its related but max file path is 255 character limit.

I encounter this prob at work when unzipping zip files with heavy/long folder structures in network project folders already with long paths.

As simple work around i bring it as close to root of drive as possible and unpack & work on them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS