agentted8

Honorable
Jan 23, 2018
I'm using the old Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers on my PC and I need an optical to analog converter that does not use RCA cables.

These speakers only have 3x 3.5mm jacks. Black (Rear Left/Right), Orange (Center/Sub), and Green (Front left/right). The sub is powered so I don't need an amp. Most, if not all DAC's I have seen all go from Optical to RCA.

I tried one and used a few 3.5mm to RCA adapter jacks but it was a no go, the connections were a mess and just overall terrible quality audio.

kanewolf

Titan
I'm using the old Logitech X-530 5.1 surround speakers on my PC and I need an optical to analog converter that does not use RCA cables.

These speakers only have 3x 3.5mm jacks. Black (Rear Left/Right), Orange (Center/Sub), and Green (Front left/right). The sub is powered so I don't need an amp. Most, if not all DAC's I have seen all go from Optical to RCA.

I tried one and used a few 3.5mm to RCA adapter jacks but it was a no go, the connections were a mess and just overall terrible quality audio.
There should be no issues using RCA to 3.5mm adapters to get your 5.1 channels. All the RCA cables do is map the output to a spot on the 3.5mm plug. Maybe you had poor quality adapters or poor quality DAC.
I don't see a 3.5mm device in my searches.

agentted8

Honorable
Jan 23, 2018
There should be no issues using RCA to 3.5mm adapters to get your 5.1 channels. All the RCA cables do is map the output to a spot on the 3.5mm plug. Maybe you had poor quality adapters or poor quality DAC.
I don't see a 3.5mm device in my searches.
It was definitely a bad DAC, I was alarmed right from the start when the female RCA connectors were very "loose". From the reviews I have seen from a lot of other similar products that have enough jacks for 5.1 were usually pretty bad or mid. Hard to know which are the good ones.

I was just wondering if there was one that has some real evidence of being of good quality. More specifically one that has rear speaker jacks instead of side speakers.

Last edited: