[SOLVED] Unable to get into bios settings on MSI MAG Tomahawk Z690 WIFI DDR4

wobbleidz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
www.i-TNA.net
Hi,

I just build up my new system and I can't seem to be able to get into the bios settings. I've tried resetting CMOS, tried only keyboard in USB, tried holding SHIFT while powering off (so I could reboot straight into bios), tried hitting delete (what the manual tells me to do), tried all the Function keys.

Specs:
i5 12600KF
GTX 1080 TI
MSI MAG Tomahawk Z690 WIFI DDR4
32 GB Kingston Fury Beast 3200mhz DDR4
Samsung 980 1 TB PCIe 3.0 m.2
Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB SATA 2.5
Samsung 870 QVO 2 TB SATA 2.5
Cooler Master MWE 550 Gold PSU

I got it to boot, but it simply doesn't show me any bios post, just boots directly into my old Windows install.
I reckon Fast boot is enabled since I can't see the keyboard turn on until it gets to the windows login screen.

Anything else I could try?

Many thanks.

Solution
Hi guys, after tinkering a bit more with it I managed to get it to post the bios display by using only one monitor (I have a dual monitor setup). ...yes, I feel dumb now.

Thanks all!

Lutfij

Titan
You're lacking in the PSU department...you're advised to have a 650W reliably built PSU powering the entire system while working with a system listed above with a GTX1080Ti in there as well.

Breadboard the system with only the SSD with the OS on it, without the other SSD's, one stick of ram and the discrete...wait,
just boots directly into my old Windows install.
Did you migrate the old OS onto the platform? You're advised to reinstall your OS when you move onto a new platform.

wobbleidz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2013
www.i-TNA.net
Yeah, I know. I wanted to do a fresh re install, since wanting to get into bios settings haha. It randomly boots into my old windows system, yes. Works fine as well, oddly enough. No migration has been made tbh. It just happened.

But if it does boot into windows, then that means the PSU is just fine? Just assuming.

I suppose I'll need to buy a new PSU but I just wanted to see if it worked

Some PSU suggestions?

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi,

I just build up my new system and I can't seem to be able to get into the bios settings. I've tried resetting CMOS, tried only keyboard in USB, tried holding SHIFT while powering off (so I could reboot straight into bios), tried hitting delete (what the manual tells me to do), tried all the Function keys.

Specs:
i5 12600KF
GTX 1080 TI
MSI MAG Tomahawk Z690 WIFI DDR4
32 GB Kingston Fury Beast 3200mhz DDR4
Samsung 980 1 TB PCIe 3.0 m.2
Samsung 870 QVO 1 TB SATA 2.5
Samsung 870 QVO 2 TB SATA 2.5
Cooler Master MWE 550 Gold PSU

I got it to boot, but it simply doesn't show me any bios post, just boots directly into my old Windows install.
I reckon Fast boot is enabled since I can't see the keyboard turn on until it gets to the windows login screen.

Anything else I could try?

Many thanks.
Unplug all the drives and try again.