[SOLVED] [URGENT] Need Advice for a Budget upgrade on my Build (CPU or GPU)

Nikhil bhadviya

Honorable
Mar 4, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I am planning to upgrade my Oct 2015 Win PC Build with a budget around 15k INR from indian market( Amazon, Flipkart and all other good sellers).
I have started a youtube channel [link removed. Please read the forum rule] for which with my current build i am not able to play and stream or sometimes record efficiently. So i am planning for upgrade in current build , and in my budget i can go for good processor/Gpu at a time.

My Current Build Details.
CPU - i5 6600k
Cooler - Cooler Master CPU COOLER HYPER 212X
Motherboard - Asus Z170-P-D3 - LGA1151 for 6th Generation Processor (DDR3/DDR3L , USB 3.0, Intel Z170 Chipset) MotherBoard
GPU - GALAX GTX750 Ti OC 2GB DDR5
RAM - 32 GB(4X8 hyperx fury)
HDD - WD Blue 2TB (2015) and WD 320GB
SSD - 256GB Transcend 370S
PSU - Seasonic S12G 550W
with Dual 1080p Monitor Setup

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
You will be able to use NVENC, from the RTX 2060, for recording/streaming, so that will help you. I also agree that a CPU upgrade is in order. Even a Ryzen 3, 3300x would be an big boost, for your, for modern titles, but I would step up to at least the R5 3600, as it is such a great all around CPU. It will be especially beneficial, if you are going to be editing video, for your youtube channel.

Nikhil bhadviya

Honorable
Mar 4, 2014
Hey thanks for the reply, i have purchased RTX 2060 now, as my friend suggested as i am in creative as well as gaming field ray tracing is a factor for me, so i have to almost doubled my budget i got Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC for 28.5k on Amazon.in
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07MPM8HK1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Great Choice! However I recommend you look into getting a new cpu next as the i5 is a few generations behind, which also means it will bottleneck the rtx2060 to some extent. Don't worry about it however as it will only be in very cpu heavy titles such as assassins creed oddysey etc.

Reactions: Nikhil bhadviya

logainofhades

Titan
You will be able to use NVENC, from the RTX 2060, for recording/streaming, so that will help you. I also agree that a CPU upgrade is in order. Even a Ryzen 3, 3300x would be an big boost, for your, for modern titles, but I would step up to at least the R5 3600, as it is such a great all around CPU. It will be especially beneficial, if you are going to be editing video, for your youtube channel.

Reactions: Nikhil bhadviya
Solution

Nikhil bhadviya

Honorable
Mar 4, 2014
Sure, but have a look at my current specs, for that i need to switch to ddr4 and Socket AM4 supported MB, then also invest in ddr4 ram setup.
For that i have planned for Intel i5 or i7 of 9th gen with 1151 socket. Do you think if i go with "i5 9600k or i7 9700k" my setup will work fine or this time my MB can be bottleneck or even need to upgrade the PSU.. please share your thoughts on same..Thanks