Feb 14, 2019
Okay so I'm in a really big bind right now. So i just went home on Monday to grab a 240mm case fan and a couple 120mm i installed my 240mm and two 120mm into my build and immediately none of them booted so i removed the two 120mm fans in doing so i accidentally removed my cmos jumper and tried running my cpu easily a dozen times after i saw the cmos jumper was off i immediately put it back. Following this my computer has been stuck in a boot loop but it won't send power to anything but the internal parts of my build everything will light up the fans will run ill hear it hum and beep but nothing else and then it powers down and cycles again. I'm freaking out hardcore over this thing because this is my third time rebuilding it and i don't have the mo ey to buy anything else for it right now.
So far i have
  • Reset the CMOS
  • Re fitted the RAM
  • Run with only one stick
  • Remove CMOS battery for 12 hours and allow it to reset and re apply
  • Re fit the pcie cable
  • Removed and re set the graphics card
  • Removed the power line and put it back
  • Re fitted the hdd drives
I'm at a loss
My builds
A Ryzen 3 1200X
16gb patriot viper RAM
ASRock Ab350 pro4 motherboard
Evega 550w power supply
500 gb Wd hdd
1tb samsung hdd
250 gb Samsung ssd
Nvidia GTX 1050
An asus lan wifi adapter
Toshiba cd drive
In the thermaltake versa 21

I seriously need help guys

Solution
Your computer failed to start properly after you installed the fans and not before you accidently removed the cmos jumper. This indicates you have at least two issues. You may have moved something else when you fitted the fans as well as the cmos jumper. Check all your connections. It is pretty hard to accidently remove the cmos jumper so I am guessing you may have done something else while fitting the fans? You need to check everything carefully and look for shorts as well as loose or interrupted connections.

Flip up

Reputable
May 12, 2015
Your computer failed to start properly after you installed the fans and not before you accidently removed the cmos jumper. This indicates you have at least two issues. You may have moved something else when you fitted the fans as well as the cmos jumper. Check all your connections. It is pretty hard to accidently remove the cmos jumper so I am guessing you may have done something else while fitting the fans? You need to check everything carefully and look for shorts as well as loose or interrupted connections.

Solution