Mar 29, 2020
So I am quite confused and would appreciate your help!
I ordered a USB headset yesterday, and am wondering how it will work, will mic and audio work when I plug it in? And its fine If I plug the usb into usb 3 right? I'm willing to provide a link of the product too, because it says it can be connected via jack too which confuses me, I would be thankful for any clarification!
(Link below, I know their not the best but I just need a basic mic and some good sound. Will they work fine?)
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...gaming-headset-black-orange-10191997-pdt.html

Solution
If it's connected through USB that means it contains it's own sound card inside the set that Windows will see and use like any other audio device. The 3.5mm jack from the description is for use with devices that can't work with the USB connection like consoles.
If it's connected through USB that means it contains it's own sound card inside the set that Windows will see and use like any other audio device. The 3.5mm jack from the description is for use with devices that can't work with the USB connection like consoles.

Solution