[SOLVED] Using External Monitor Ports Instead of Laptops

Nov 27, 2021
Hello,

I bought a Omen 27i which I have connected to my laptop via DP to USB-C. However, in order to connect any port-related devices such as a mouse, flash drive, headphones, keyboard, I need to connect them to my laptop in order to be recognized by my monitor. Is there a way to use my monitor's USBs ports as well?

Thanks.

Solution
The USB ports on the monitor will not work until you connect an upstream USB cable from a USB port on your laptop to the upstream USB port on the monitor.

From page 11 in the User Guide:

"The rear of the monitor provides one USB Type-B upstream port and two USB Type-A downstream ports.
NOTE: You must connect the USB Type-B upstream cable from the source device to the monitor to enable
the USB Type-A downstream ports on the monitor"

My apologies if you've already done this.
The USB ports on the monitor will not work until you connect an upstream USB cable from a USB port on your laptop to the upstream USB port on the monitor.

From page 11 in the User Guide:

"The rear of the monitor provides one USB Type-B upstream port and two USB Type-A downstream ports.
NOTE: You must connect the USB Type-B upstream cable from the source device to the monitor to enable
the USB Type-A downstream ports on the monitor"

My apologies if you've already done this.

Last edited:
Solution