May 23, 2019
Hello, i upgraded my pc a few weeks ago
cpu: amd ryzen 2700
gpu: nvidia rtx 2070
ram: corsair 32gb ddr4
mobo: asus x470f

i was using my pc earlier tonight with no issues whatsoever.. but going to turn it on i got through post, windows logo, and then no signal. I am able to boot it into safe mode. I uninstalled the nvidia driver completely, restarted my computer, it was normal for a few seconds and then went blank. I’m lost, should i do a clean install of windows? In my bios it shows i have nothing plugged into my pci-e slots but when i boot into safe mode it shows my display adapter as nvidia rtx 2070... Display port is not working on my card at all, and im resorting to plugging hdmi into my card and then into my tv.. Hopefully someone can help. Im truly stuck troubleshooting :(

birne

Reputable
May 19, 2015
It sounds like you have have a somewhat defect card.
If you say the mb is not detecting the card in normal mode, i would try unplugging the card and using the onboard, and then try to replug the card again.
also try out different the second pcie slot, it is also 16x
I'v had issues with my 2070 as well, where my monitor was saying no signal, i fixed it by plugging the cable into a different port on the card and then back to the original, while powered on.
i hope any of this helps you, if not i would do a refund.

maverick0011

Prominent
Aug 25, 2017
It sounds like you have have a somewhat defect card.
If you say the mb is not detecting the card in normal mode, i would try unplugging the card and using the onboard, and then try to replug the card again.
also try out different the second pcie slot, it is also 16x
I'v had issues with my 2070 as well, where my monitor was saying no signal, i fixed it by plugging the cable into a different port on the card and then back to the original, while powered on.
i hope any of this helps you, if not i would do a refund.
a ryzen 2700 does not have onboard graphics. Onboard graphics on motherboards except laptops are pretty much dead and don't exist. Using an Older graphics card if one is on hand is best for troubleshooting this issue.