[SOLVED] What cable should I get? Is it even possible?

Feb 6, 2020
I'm trying to run my Acer GN246HL monitor at 144hz 1080p. The monitor has a DVI and HDMI only, while my 2080 RTX only has the HDMI and DisplayPort. Is it even possible to have a 144hz since they don't both have either DVI or DP?

Feb 6, 2020
You can run 144hz over HDMI- you just need to make sure it's an HDMI 2.0 cable.
So I just found out that the only actual option I have is to do it through DVI. Apparently that's the only output from the monitor that has 144hz compatibility. Is there any way to do a DVI converter to a DP or HDMI plugin whilst still getting 1080p at 144hz?

So I just found out that the only actual option I have is to do it through DVI. Apparently that's the only output from the monitor that has 144hz compatibility. Is there any way to do a DVI converter to a DP or HDMI plugin whilst still getting 1080p at 144hz?

You can drive DVI from DP or HDMI- you can get cables that go HDMI to DVI and DP to DVI really easily (so long as it is DVI-D and not the older DVI-I, although I doubt the latter would support 144hz anyways).

I run a DVI monitor off my laptop using a HDMI to DVI cable all the time- although that is just a 60hz screen. I don't see why it won't work though.