Aug 15, 2019
I've just installed my new graphics card and everything was working fine, with impressive resoults in 4k, but then my pc suddenly turned off. The asus anti-surge system was triggered. This happened to me about 4 or 5 times and always happens while gaming. I tried limiting the voltage usage of the graphic in case this was the problem but no, it still happens even when it's at 50% and with the clocks reduced. I have a 750W PSU (Plus Bronze) and I am pretty sure that it's not the PSU as it has never given me any problems of this kind nor the connections (I've meticulously checked them all and desconected and connected them again). My question is: Is maybe the power supply not enough? in the official page it states that the minimum recommended were 650W but other pages recommend 800W at least?. May it be the motherboard? Is it maybe triggering the antisurege system because it's not ment for this high voltages? Or is it the graphics card? Should I return it?. Sorry for my english and thanks in advance for your answer.
System specs:
GPU: Gigabyte 2080 ti (installed yesterday)
CPU: i7 4970
MB: Asus Z87-K
RAM: 16gb DDR3
Operating System: Win 10 64-bit
BIOS Ver: American Megatrends Inc. 1103, 1/2/2014
GPU Driver Ver: 431.60
PSU: Nox Urano VX 750W 80+ Bronze

From what I've seen.....Asus antisurge is meant to trigger when there are voltage fluctuations from the PSU.....and when it does this....I think it is probably a good thing.

....but I have read lots of posts on here.....where people are saying that Anti-surge is triggering.....but it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with their PSU......and people have even swapped in new PSUs and gotten the same Anti-surge message.

So sometimes at least.....I think that it's a faulty motherboard.

Reactions: Gatimoro
Aug 15, 2019
You may want to put a UPS supply on your system, mine has saved my Bacon a number of times. Also one website showed your PSU as not "Certified" https://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2438.htm. Couldn't find any English reviews of it.
I currently live in Spain, in a small town where (extern) power surges are pretty rare. I also have a circuit breaker installed so I hardly believe it's the current in the wall. It has more to do with when the pc is under load.

Aug 15, 2019
I guess that I'll change my PSU as people did in many other threads I've read. It's a shame cuz this one is pretty new but I'll make sure to get a better quality one. Thank you for all of your replies, I'll keep you up to date when the new supply (an evga gold plus 1000w) arrives (in about a month because I'll be in Finland) and thank you again for dedicating me some of your time! Cya

Aug 15, 2019
From what I've seen.....Asus antisurge is meant to trigger when there are voltage fluctuations from the PSU.....and when it does this....I think it is probably a good thing.

....but I have read lots of posts on here.....where people are saying that Anti-surge is triggering.....but it doesn't seem like there is anything wrong with their PSU......and people have even swapped in new PSUs and gotten the same Anti-surge message.

So sometimes at least.....I think that it's a faulty motherboard.
It can't be the motherboard, I've changed it 3 weeks ago and haven't experienced the same problem with my anterior 970