Question What could be the faulty component in my monitor when it flickers horizontal lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2020
So I've got a faulty NVISION IP24V1 75hz Monitor from a friend. He told me that before his monitor acted unusual, he tried to switch his refresh rate to 75hz[because it was set to 60hz default] from Windows display settings. Everything was okay for a couple of days.

But after that, his monitor started to show up gray lines halfway of the screen, but only for a short amount of time. He did just ignore it, but days later, lines has been showing up again, but this time, it does not disappear anymore. He tried to lower the refresh rate back to 60hz, and the lines disappeared. But the lines showed again permanently after a couple days until he lowered it to 50hz. Like as usual, it looks like it solved the problem, but it keeps reappearing after like 3-5s.

I know this is a hardware issue in the monitor, but i want to know the faulty component specifically(like if it is the faulty main board controller, or faulty panel). I would like to repair this monitor if possible. Any thoughts?

This what the horizontal line looks line:
3hdPCa0.jpg

And this how it looks like when it disappears for a short amount of time(like how a normal monitor should look):

cPhWWA1.jpg

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
If you have a spare graphics card and/or monitor, you could find where the fault is

Even if you're downgrading the system, it will only be for a short period of time, just to find where the problem is coming from

Aug 2, 2020
If you have a spare graphics card and/or monitor, you could find where the fault is

Even if you're downgrading the system, it will only be for a short period of time, just to find where the problem is coming from

I already knew that the problem lies in the monitor itself. The thing is, I want to know what specific component of the monitor is faulty. Like, is it the main board controller of the display? Or the lcd panel? I've done hardware inspection of the monitor inside but I can't figure out what component is faulty.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
I already knew that the problem lies in the monitor itself. The thing is, I want to know what specific component of the monitor is faulty. Like, is it the main board controller of the display? Or the lcd panel? I've done hardware inspection of the monitor inside but I can't figure out what component is faulty.

Can be anything that causing the problem, like overheating component, solder joint probably not done properly. Or a faulty component, I do not know

Is the monitor still under warranty? Have you asked their tech support? Because I think it's beyond the scope of these forums

Status
Not open for further replies.