[SOLVED] What is bottlenecking my system?? (screenshot)

Mar 5, 2019
Posting a screenshot below of GTAV (single player) with RTSS, I'm not sure what is bottlenecking my GPU, as my CPU is at 50-60%, I understand 120fps is nothing to complain about regardless, however it does it too on some other games, and im not sure what the issue is. Also I have no V-sync or anything else on, other than G-sync.
ALSO no fps limiter either.

Current setup:
MSI Z87M Gaming
I7 4790k @4.7ghz
Zotac AMP RTX 2060
16GB 2400mhz DDR3
Seasonic 620 S12 ii Bronze
View: https://imgur.com/a/9o1Dyzp

Solution
Yeah that sounds more normal then, the 4790k still has a pretty monstrous single core speed, plenty of people run worse processors with new cards too, your RAM is freaking fast for that aswell. I'm guessing older games like Skyrim aren't that demanding anymore unless you install hundreds of mods, I think you should just crank all the graphics settings in GTA V and whatever else until your FPS drops noticeably, then your getting max benefit from your GPU

It sounds like your PC is well balanced, maybe some RGB will improve FPS :D
Mar 5, 2019
Does the issue go away when you reduce details in-game? You didn't mention if the games load off an SSD or an HDD.

Just done a quick test on the lowest of low settings at 1080p, GPU is around 30%-40% and CPU is about 50-70% and still drops from 144 down to 100 in some areas, I guess you were trying to rule out a graphic setting?

As for the drive it's booting off of a 7200rpm drive, I didn't think that would make much difference, since the RAM is the buffer anyway? I would try and reinstall it on an ssd however mine only has 20gb left and well GTA is like 5x that unfortunately, can drives really be a limiting factor in cases?

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
When its running normally, your GPU is at 100% right? If not then it probably is your CPU sadly. Or is there a hard cap that it will never go over 120? I'm not sure what the problem is to be honest, you should definitely get a bigger SSD now they're so cheap though

If it were me I'd turn off frame monitoring and enjoy the 120fps you have

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019
When its running normally, your GPU is at 100% right? If not then it probably is your CPU sadly. Or is there a hard cap that it will never go over 120? I'm not sure what the problem is to be honest, you should definitely get a bigger SSD now they're so cheap though

If it were me I'd turn off frame monitoring and enjoy the 120fps you have

In most games, my GPU is at 96-99%. There are some weird ones, like skyrim, will use 50% of my gpu and 12% cpu, even when I break the physics code to get it over 60hz, and as for GTA the fps is unlimited, It is a strange one for sure

Chrushop

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah that sounds more normal then, the 4790k still has a pretty monstrous single core speed, plenty of people run worse processors with new cards too, your RAM is freaking fast for that aswell. I'm guessing older games like Skyrim aren't that demanding anymore unless you install hundreds of mods, I think you should just crank all the graphics settings in GTA V and whatever else until your FPS drops noticeably, then your getting max benefit from your GPU

It sounds like your PC is well balanced, maybe some RGB will improve FPS :D

Solution