[SOLVED] What should i use to Re-oil my GPU Fan

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
today i found that my GPU fans are not spinning tried to clear it from dust and stuff but still not spinning , when i touch the fans with my finger it spin for like a half spin for a second and stop and i hear a voice and the fan when i try to roll it with my finger it's not smooth it's a little bit hard that's why i want to try the oil

i am an outside europe + outside usa person i live in morocco i want to know wich oil i need to Oil My Gpu , do you recommend me to Oil it ?

MY GPU IS GTX 650 i got it from aliexpress it's a different brand it's called Veineda

Your Suggestions are Appreciated , Thank you

Last edited:
First of all....if the oil doesn't work....they have fans for the 660 on EBay. I'm not sure if you can get them in Morocco however.

A few things regarding the oil...
First it may be difficult to get it TO the bearing. Some fans have bearings that are near impossible to get to.
Second...don't get the oil anywhere else but the bearing.
...and finally I would use a thin oil....In the US we have an oil called "3 in 1 oil" that I think would work nice. I also think "air line oil" would work nice. This is oil that is used in compressed air and it's very common. If you can't find either....I would use a THIN oil.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
First of all....if the oil doesn't work....they have fans for the 660 on EBay. I'm not sure if you can get them in Morocco however.

A few things regarding the oil...
First it may be difficult to get it TO the bearing. Some fans have bearings that are near impossible to get to.
Second...don't get the oil anywhere else but the bearing.
...and finally I would use a thin oil....In the US we have an oil called "3 in 1 oil" that I think would work nice. I also think "air line oil" would work nice. This is oil that is used in compressed air and it's very common. If you can't find either....I would use a THIN oil.
the problem that i guess i can't find a suitable fan to my gpu size in ebay that's why i want to get a try with oil maybe it works , could you explain what is thin oil looks like because i never heard of it

USAFRet

Titan
This is not lack of oil.

The bearing in it is almost certainly oil impregnated bronze. Introducing any other oil in there would likely interact with what is in there, and make things worse.
That is even if you can get to the thing to "oil it".

This is almost certainly a failed motor.

Reactions: Krotow

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
This is not lack of oil.

The bearing in it is almost certainly oil impregnated bronze. Introducing any other oil in there would likely interact with what is in there, and make things worse.
That is even if you can get to the thing to "oil it".

This is almost certainly a failed motor.
so if the motor is bad it means that the fan need to be changed ?

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
You'll have to do your research for one that is compatible.

Both in mounting and wiring.
okey one last thing because i have no way to know this info is my GPU fan 75mm ? i don't know how to measure i will drop you a picture and tell me what you think , it's an Aliexpress Veinida GTX 650 , will be very appreciated for the info .

xtqvgs1.jpg

vBSRjjz.jpg

This is my GPU as You See How Big The Fan's you think 75mm ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts