[SOLVED] Which AIO is better CoolerMaster ML240L v2 vs Corsair H100i Platinum (2020)

Sep 26, 2020
Hello, I am building a new PC with i7 10700k Processor,

I am confused between two AIOs, CoolerMaster ML240L v2 and Corsair H100i Platinum.

CoolerMaster ML240L v2 is a budget AIO and newer improved pumped has installed in it

Corsair H100i Platinum was released an almost a year ago, but i heard Corsair AIOs are reliable.

My most concern is Leaking Issue (I dont want to go for Air Cooler because it will not deliver the result as i will be doing heavy gaming)

Please Guide Me. Thankyou!

Solution
1)Make and model of chassis?

2)"I am confused between two AIOs, CoolerMaster ML240L v2 and Corsair H100i Platinum."
-Either is fine for stock operation. Overclocking? Forget it; that requires 280mm or greater.
-The ML240L V2 is crap. There are just better options out there for similar price, in both air and hybrid.

3)"My most concern is leaking issue...."
Rare, and most leaks are caused by the users mishandling them than actual factory 'oopsies'. The 'sheep' got whiff of a rare few cases, and spread that around like wildfire.
Also, if it bothers you that much, then go air... also rare: air cooler heatpipes can burst, though that's more a manufacturing 'oopsie' - happens right away.
Pick your poison.

4)"I dont want to go for Air...
Hello, I am building a new PC with i7 10700k Processor,

I am confused between two AIOs, CoolerMaster ML240L v2 and Corsair H100i Platinum.

CoolerMaster ML240L v2 is a budget AIO and newer improved pumped has installed in it

Corsair H100i Platinum was released an almost a year ago, but i heard Corsair AIOs are reliable.

My most concern is Leaking Issue (I dont want to go for Air Cooler because it will not deliver the result as i will be doing heavy gaming)

Please Guide Me. Thankyou!
Not trying to be mean but why wouldn't an air cooler be able to cool your cpu during heavy gaming? There are air coolers that can cool more than 200w. And plus you don't see servers using watercoolers cause it isn't cost effective and isn't worth it.

Are you trying to cool the sahara desert? cause that needs some water. That's a 95w cpu also, it should be easy to get an air cooler that works with it. I found a 220w cpu cooler with a quick google search https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Dark-Rock-BK021-Cooler/dp/B00XJMQDUM?th=1

just to give you an idea. an air cooler is cheaper and definitely easier to maintain just simply clean out dust every once and a while. Air coolers can even outperform high performance water coolers for the same price or less lol. Unless you computer is suffocating and has no fans or holes in it, you're always gonna have to dust anyways which isn't even that hard to do if you do it every other month. and I overclocked my cpu to 4ghz and I'm using the stock cooler I just attached a higher power fan. my temperature doesn't exceed 70c and it could be cooler if I turned up the rpm more or if I actually got an aftermarket cpu cooler for 40 bucks LOL.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020
Not trying to be mean but why wouldn't an air cooler be able to cool your cpu during heavy gaming? There are air coolers that can cool more than 200w. And plus you don't see servers using watercoolers cause it isn't cost effective and isn't worth it.

Are you trying to cool the sahara desert? cause that needs some water. That's a 95w cpu also, it should be easy to get an air cooler that works with it. I found a 220w cpu cooler with a quick google search https://www.amazon.com/quiet-Dark-Rock-BK021-Cooler/dp/B00XJMQDUM?th=1

just to give you an idea. an air cooler is cheaper and definitely easier to maintain just simply clean out dust every once and a while. Air coolers can even outperform high performance water coolers for the same price or less lol. Unless you computer is suffocating and has no fans or holes in it, you're always gonna have to dust anyways which isn't even that hard to do if you do it every other month. and I overclocked my cpu to 4ghz and I'm using the stock cooler I just attached a higher power fan. my temperature doesn't exceed 70c and it could be cooler if I turned up the rpm more or if I actually got an aftermarket cpu cooler for 40 bucks LOL.

It seems you bit exaggerated on Sahara Desert thing! Anyways I don't have good experience with the air coolers in the past they just can not deliver the result I am looking for, As i live in a Hot Country and In Summers everything just melts even with the AC on! So you got my point.

It seems you bit exaggerated on Sahara Desert thing! Anyways I don't have good experience with the air coolers in the past they just can not deliver the result I am looking for, As i live in a Hot Country and In Summers everything just melts even with the AC on! So you got my point.
No no no, the sahara desert isn't an exaggeration. But maybe it's your case perhaps? my room has reach 90f before and my cpu didn't overheat under load with the stock cooler. But I'm not sure what to pick between the two, as I DESPISE liquid cooler, just looking at one made me clench my fists in rage. They both look meh meh meh okay you know they're liquid coolers psh. but one is a lot better of a deal and I like deals especially on good brands like cooler master so cooler master since I loooove cooler master for good reasons.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

2)"I am confused between two AIOs, CoolerMaster ML240L v2 and Corsair H100i Platinum."
-Either is fine for stock operation. Overclocking? Forget it; that requires 280mm or greater.
-The ML240L V2 is crap. There are just better options out there for similar price, in both air and hybrid.

Rare, and most leaks are caused by the users mishandling them than actual factory 'oopsies'. The 'sheep' got whiff of a rare few cases, and spread that around like wildfire.
Also, if it bothers you that much, then go air... also rare: air cooler heatpipes can burst, though that's more a manufacturing 'oopsie' - happens right away.
Pick your poison.

4)"I dont want to go for Air Cooler because it will not deliver the result as i will be doing heavy gaming..."
Pray tell, what this result is.

5)"As i live in a Hot Country and In Summers everything just melts even with the AC on!"
Very common misconception. This primarily affects chassis and cooler ambient temps, aka the temperature baseline for all your hardware; it'll never be lower than that number.
This has next to no actual affect on load thermals.
Some air is still better than no air to your hardware, even if the temperature of the air passing over/through them is 40C.

6)At the core of it all, they're all hybrid coolers. The difference is the ratio of air to liquid.
A)Air coolers: 90% air, 10% liquid(inside the heatpipes)
Strongest assets: price to performance and they last a lifetime - save for the fans.
Weakest: they just can't compete with the performance hybrid and custom loops with really high power parts - say, 300w or more?

B)AIOs/CLCs - I call 'em hybrid coolers now: 50% air, 50% liquid
Strongest assets: superior cooling for exceptionally high power parts and with purchasing new chassis that give you next to no preinstalled fans.
Weakest: the pumps are finite; when they die, the user can't continue to use the PC, so having a backup cooler on hand is a good idea.
On top of that, their price to performance is worse than air, and they're also larger - as someone who's handled both the NH-D15S and a 360mm hybrid, I don't know where people got the idea that air coolers are 'large'...

C)Custom loop: practically the opposite of air at 10% air, 90%. Not as dependent on chassis airflow as the other 2; still welcome nonetheless.
Strongest assets: the absolute best cooling and low noise potential out of the 3. No contest.
Weakest: the cost and the maintenance. The latter is what turns most people away. Also it requires you do your homework well in advance, or you can easily screw yourself before long.

Pardon the wall.

Reactions: HolySparta
Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
source.gif

Sep 26, 2020

Pick your poison.

4)"I dont want to go for Air Cooler because it will not deliver the result as i will be doing heavy gaming..."
Pray tell, what this result is.

5)"As i live in a Hot Country and In Summers everything just melts even with the AC on!"
Very common misconception. This primarily affects chassis and cooler ambient temps, aka the temperature baseline for all your hardware; it'll never be lower than that number.
This has next to no actual affect on load thermals.
Some air is still better than no air to your hardware, even if the temperature of the air passing over/through them is 40C.

6)At the core of it all, they're all hybrid coolers. The difference is the ratio of air to liquid.
A)Air coolers: 90% air, 10% liquid(inside the heatpipes)
Strongest assets: price to performance and they last a lifetime - save for the fans.
Weakest: they just can't compete with the performance hybrid and custom loops with really high power parts - say, 300w or more?

B)AIOs/CLCs - I call 'em hybrid coolers now: 50% air, 50% liquid
Strongest assets: superior cooling for exceptionally high power parts and with purchasing new chassis that give you next to no preinstalled fans.
Weakest: the pumps are finite; when they die, the user can't continue to use the PC, so having a backup cooler on hand is a good idea.
On top of that, their price to performance is worse than air, and they're also larger - as someone who's handled both the NH-D15S and a 360mm hybrid, I don't know where people got the idea that air coolers are 'large'...

C)Custom loop: practically the opposite of air at 10% air, 90%. Not as dependent on chassis airflow as the other 2; still welcome nonetheless.
Strongest assets: the absolute best cooling and low noise potential out of the 3. No contest.
Weakest: the cost and the maintenance. The latter is what turns most people away. Also it requires you do your homework well in advance, or you can easily screw yourself before long.

Pardon the wall.

Well thanks for the Detailed Reply!

I am going to buy XPG BattleCruiser Case, as it have enough space to mount 360mm Radiator on top or front.

So what if i buy CoolerMaster ML360L v2? costing me $40 more from 240mm version.

and which is best position to mount Rads in a case Top or Front. (I saw a video on youtube by GamerNexus they say Mount the Rad in Front and tubes should be down)

What do you say?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
@rubix_1011
You done seen enough, huh?:mdr:

I am going to buy XPG BattleCruiser Case, as it have enough space to mount 360mm Radiator on top or front.
Bummer... and I was referring to airflow with point number 5. That chassis doesn't appear to be absolutely terrible in that department, going by some of the reviews I looked over, but all that tempered glass...
Well, it can be worked around.

So what if i buy CoolerMaster ML360L v2? costing me $40 more from 240mm version.
You plan to overclock? Get away from the 'L', or Lite versions. They're cheaper for a reason. Don't be surprised if you have to replace that after a year or 2...
'R's are better quality. Too expensive?
Arctic's Liquid Freezer 2 if available. Don't like the lack of RGB? Well...
A decent hybrid cooler for a 10700K, including overclocking and RGB, is gonna cost you some M-O-N-E-Y. Take at least one of those requirements off, and more reasonable alternatives exist for the cost.

and which is best position to mount Rads in a case Top or Front. (I saw a video on youtube by GamerNexus they say Mount the Rad in Front and tubes should be down)
The bottom line of that video was: as long as the pump isn't the highest point of the loop, it is fine.
That said, with vertically mounted radiators, tubing down is still superior over tubing up for longevity and noise.

As for position between top and front: it is another pick your poison situation.
-Front mounted is best for the device being cooled, but slightly worse for the rest of the hardware overall.
-Top mounted is slightly worse for the device being cooled, but better for the rest of the hardware overall.