[SOLVED] Which one to keep, which one to sell? FX8320E vs Xeon x3440

leadr

Commendable
Nov 3, 2017
Hi!
I have two different and complete rigs.
First:
X3440 4/8 oc-ed to @3.33. With a Giga h55-ud3h board. No problem with anything at all.
Second:
FX8320E 8/8. With a Asrock 970m pro3 board. Board has no backplate, and the main pci-e slot has a broken holder clip (i dont think thats matter).

So the question is which one to keep and which one to sell? Or sell both? But i think i couldn't get that much money for these to build a new rig, and both can handle a 1060/580 well.
So what would be the best choice. I dont want to keep both, cuz i can't use them same time of course, and it will just loose its value.

Solution
Neither of those have great value. $200 for the Xeon and $100 for the AMD since the motherboard has a big problem with no backplate. I would sell them both and get a DDR4 based system.
Find your parts in used condition on ebay.
Then filter on completed auctions,
In green you will see what the part actually sold for.
Do not expect much.

Of the two, the FX8320E is the stronger processor.

I do not think I would dump anything more into either.

Hi!
I have two different and complete rigs.
First:
X3440 4/8 oc-ed to @3.33. With a Giga h55-ud3h board. No problem with anything at all.
Second:
FX8320E 8/8. With a Asrock 970m pro3 board. Board has no backplate, and the main pci-e slot has a broken holder clip (i dont think thats matter).

So the question is which one to keep and which one to sell? Or sell both? But i think i couldn't get that much money for these to build a new rig, and both can handle a 1060/580 well.
So what would be the best choice. I dont want to keep both, cuz i can't use them same time of course, and it will just loose its value.

I would sell both and build a new DDR4 based machine.

TRENDING THREADS