Oct 7, 2019
Hello, so it's been few months and my PSU is making grinding/electric/crackling noise like if electricity would make some noise. If it's possible I can add sound where you can maybe try to listen to it. And the fun part is that when I turn in power options high performance the sound is making that grinding/electric/crackling noise but when I turn on power saver or balanced its less making those noises. I'll probably add sound so that it's easier for you to detect my problem. Please help me the psu is used about 2years something like that. Here is the sound in sound cloud:

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Remove power cord completely (both ends !), then examine for any obvious problems like burnt spots, cracked insulation or fraying.
Now the PSU is disconnected try a look see if any debris have found a rest in the cooling fan.

Oct 7, 2019
Remove power cord completely (both ends !), then examine for any obvious problems like burnt spots, cracked insulation or fraying.
Now the PSU is disconnected try a look see if any debris have found a rest in the cooling fan.
I'm gonna remove power cord completely but there is no dust in fan or anything else
probably just need to remove power cord I guess.