Sep 18, 2021
For the last 1 month, I have been noticing that , although my PC has 2 sticks of 8GB RAM = 16GB, but all of a sudden it is only showing 1 RAM.
Looks like 1 of 4(in task manager) in the picture. If I restart my PC, it becomes fine again.
Then 2 of 4 (in task manager) show. That means I am getting 16 GB after restart.

When I open my PC again at the end of the day, it happens occasionally. If I restart, it becomes fine again.

• Then I have put the ram slot 2-4 to 1-3, still the same problem occurs occasionally.
  • Then I Resetted my BIOS. No problem for a while, then problem starts again.
  • Then I thought I should upgrade my BIOS, my BIOS were from 2020. Since than many upgrades has come. Then I updated my BIOS to the latest version.
  • Still same, then I turned off my XMP Profile - now running at normal bus speed, then it was ok for 2 days, same problem occurs again.
Looks like 1 of 4(in task manager) in the picture. If I restart my PC, it becomes fine again.
Then 2 of 4 (in task manager) show. That means I am getting 16 GB after restart.

I do not understand where the problem is? I did not find anything on the internet.
If anyone can help. Please Help me out here.

PC specs:
RYZEN 3700X (BASE CLOCK)
AORUS B550 ELITE MOBO
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3200MHZ- 8GB*2
SAMSUNG EVO 860- 256GB
MSI 1050TI
ANTEC VP550P PSU
WINDOWS 10 PRO, V-21H1
RYZEN SYSTEM AGE: AROUND 4-5MONTHS.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=6756597551032544&set=pcb.1760736154119201
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=6756597217699244&set=pcb.1760736154119201

Solution
Well if Memtest86 shows no errors testing each module together and individually then you may have contamination in the MB ram slots or there is a fault with the MB.
Blow out the slots with compressed air in a canister and clean the module terminals with Isopropyl alcohol. Should this prove fruitless then RMA the motherboard.

Update: i finnally cleared the CMOS battery, nd after reseting the full BIOS, its all OK now. it been 22days with no problem , NOW all are OK . <3

Thank you. <3
Hi ashraf01 (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Just to clarify, You have a single kit of RAM (8X2).?
If they are 2 kits mixed together then this could be the issue.

You may have a mismatch as modules with even the same exact spec can mismatch and that's why modules are binned at the factory.

Test your modules by booting from a USB with Memtest86 and run 4 passes. Should any errors occur then RMA and get a single kit at 16GB (2x8) that are listed on the MB QVL.

Your Facebook photos' will not show for some reason.

Sep 18, 2021
Hi ashraf01 (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Just to clarify, You have a single kit of RAM (8X2).?
If they are 2 kits mixed together then this could be the issue.

You may have a mismatch as modules with even the same exact spec can mismatch and that's why modules are binned at the factory.

Test your modules by booting from a USB with Memtest86 and run 4 passes. Should any errors occur then RMA and get a single kit at 16GB (2x8) that are listed on the MB QVL.

Your Facebook photos' will not show for some reason.

Opps..sorry for the photos (these are just my task manager showing 1 of 4 DIMM slot ) , i am using two sticks of ram each one is 8gb ddr4. nd they are both were in 16GB RAM package. contains 2 of 8GB sticks. this problem is occurring very recently for 1month, before that time it was all good. :(

Well if Memtest86 shows no errors testing each module together and individually then you may have contamination in the MB ram slots or there is a fault with the MB.
Blow out the slots with compressed air in a canister and clean the module terminals with Isopropyl alcohol. Should this prove fruitless then RMA the motherboard.

Reactions: ashraf01
Sep 18, 2021

Thanks. i will try memtest today . :(

Sep 18, 2021

Update: i finnally cleared the CMOS battery, nd after reseting the full BIOS, its all OK now. it been 22days with no problem , NOW all are OK . <3

Thank you. <3

Solution