David Ralph

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
I assembled this list of parts on PCPartPicker and I really would like to use the SG 13 for it but PCPartPicker seems to think they won't fit. I've compared the parts and their dimensions to Silverstone's SG 13 description and can't find any reason why they wouldn't fit. I don't want to start buying parts only to get them all and something doesn't fit... You know how it is.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Also, feel free to suggest parts! I'm super open the changing things!

P.S. Are we over with the "don't buy a 9th gen intel cpu unless you have an 8th gen one already because the mobo bios might need updating?" yet? Or is it just luck of the draw with SKU's now?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KpQbwh

Last edited:
Solution
If you look at the picture showing the end (with the video ports toward you) and note the width, you'll see that you'll have very little (if any) room between the GPU cooler shroud and the side of your case. If it fits (I seriously doubt it), it will be VERY tight and could even touch the side of the case once the cover is in place.

If you proceed, please let us know how this works out.

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
You should probably surf around the internet to see if that GPU will fit.
Btw: You forgot to add storage.
Personal advice:
- 1 SSD (around 128GB) for booting and your OS
- 1 1tb SSD or HDD for main storage

David Ralph

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
You should probably surf around the internet to see if that GPU will fit.
Btw: You forgot to add storage.
Personal advice:
  • 1 SSD (around 128GB) for booting and your OS
  • 1 1tb SSD or HDD for main storage

Well actually I omitted it on purpose because I have an NVME ssd as well as a SATA ssd. I figured I could reuse those pretty easily. But thanks!

David Ralph

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Sounds like a game show Lol. But in all seriousness, I need some help. Pcpartpicker is telling me that the graphics card I chose definitely will not fit, and I’m wondering why. 267mm max and the card is 267mm long? I actually already have an SG13, but I accidentally bought a 3 slot card (I know, how stupid am I?) and so I was wondering if maybe it’s triggering it because its too wide?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tk9TzN
Thank you for any help!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Width will definitely be a problem as you only have two slots worth of space with that case. Length may be challenging as well (very tight getting into position, even if width wasn't an issue).

You either need a different case or a different GPU.

David Ralph

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Width will definitely be a problem as you only have two slots worth of space with that case. Length may be challenging as well (very tight getting into position, even if width wasn't an issue).

You either need a different case or a different GPU.

I googled the max width of the card for the sg13 and found this from gamers nexus... max width for SG13 - 129mm
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ermaltake-v1&usg=AOvVaw3mv77HhkamAi9CjG_UsgaK

And I also found this on Asus’ website about the card, Width - 118mm
https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/DUAL-RTX2070S-O8G-EVO/specifications/

Do you think this is enough to go by? I’m really not sure anymore...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If you look at the picture showing the end (with the video ports toward you) and note the width, you'll see that you'll have very little (if any) room between the GPU cooler shroud and the side of your case. If it fits (I seriously doubt it), it will be VERY tight and could even touch the side of the case once the cover is in place.

If you proceed, please let us know how this works out.

Solution
Like I said before, if you GO TO THE PRODUCT WEBSITE.
Expansion cardCompatible up to 10.6" (270mm) long, width restriction-5.11" (129mm)

All of that stuff is fine. EXCEPT that the GPU you're looking at is >2 slots wide.(2.7 slots wide, like COLGeek said) I doubt it will fit. From the picture, I'd wager you've got a max of 2.5 slots before you hit the side panel (thankfully the side panel is vented)
sg13-back-v2.jpg