[SOLVED] Will it hurt my GPU if I turn off AUTO FAN STOP at low TEMPS?

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
I have a GIGABYTE AORUS 4070 TI ELITE. It has a Really nice looking Fan RBG but it turns off when GPU Fans are turned off. If I turn off auto off will that harm my gpu?

Solution
No, it won't harm your GPU at all. Your GPU only does that to reduce overall noise. You can freely do so without much worry. Either way, your GPU will ramp up if it reaches a certain temperature.

Ralston18

Titan
Why?

What would be or is the reason(s) for turning off auto off?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Unless there is some specific problem or other requirements I would leave well enough alone.

"If it ain't broke then don't fix it."

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
Why?

What would be or is the reason(s) for turning off auto off?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Unless there is some specific problem or other requirements I would leave well enough alone.

"If it ain't broke then don't fix it."
When its off the and the fans arent spinning the RGB doesn't turn on. But when its on and fans are spinning the RGB turns on and its looks great.
SPEC
ASUS TUF Z690 DDR5 MOBO
I7 13700K
32GB DDR5 RAM
LIAN LI 215
EVGA 1000 GT SMPS
GIGABYTE AORUS 4070 TI ELITE

Ralston18

Titan
The reason then is that you want the build to "look great" all of the time and not go off/stop when the GPU fans go off.

Apparently you have the option to do that.

Verify that you can observe all of the system temperatures and test.

If leaving or having the Fan RGB remain on does not change the temperatures or has minimal effect then leaving the fan running should be okay.

You must keep checking to ensure that there are no immediate problems or that some other problem starts to appear.

sunit swapnasarit

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2014
The reason then is that you want the build to "look great" all of the time and not go off/stop when the GPU fans go off.

Apparently you have the option to do that.

Verify that you can observe all of the system temperatures and test.

If leaving or having the Fan RGB remain on does not change the temperatures or has minimal effect then leaving the fan running should be okay.

You must keep checking to ensure that there are no immediate problems or that some other problem starts to appear.
why would leaving GPU fan turned on change the temps negatively? It will more likely lower the temps further.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Fair questions:

I did reach the conclusion "then leaving the fan running should be okay. " And still believe so.

I.e., no harm to the GPU.

However, without a lot more information regarding the build, other fans, airflows, etc. some caution should be taken.

And even if all immediately seems well there is no guarantee that that will continue to be the case. Some other hardware, software, or a configuration change could cause things to go astray. Cumulatively or catastrophically.

RGB devices, controllers, software, etc. are often problematic and (to me any way) cosmetic effects are the last and least of the requirements for a well performing and stable build.

Watching the temperatures, fan speeds, performance etc. from the beginning takes little time and effort.

And may just save the system from the "law of unintended consquences" Or Mr. Murphy shows up.....

Simply the proverbial "abundance of caution".

ThraxInDistress

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
No, it won't harm your GPU at all. Your GPU only does that to reduce overall noise. You can freely do so without much worry. Either way, your GPU will ramp up if it reaches a certain temperature.

Reactions: KyaraM
Solution

TRENDING THREADS