TheFlash1300

Prominent
Mar 15, 2022
I have two CPUs that support TPM 2.0 and have 2 cores, meaning they cover the recommended system requirements of Windows 11. However, the CPUs are considered "unsupported", not because they are too weak, but just because they aren't listed in the list of supported CPUs for Windows 11.

Those are the CPUs:

AMD A4-1920e
Intel Celeron N2840

My question is: Will my experimental computers be receiving security and feature updates, if i install Windows 11 on them? In other words, will my unsupported computers receive the same updates the supported computers will?

As far as i know, at the beginning of Windows 11, Microsoft said they will not make updates available for unsupported computers, meaning that when there are new updates available, you will have to uninstall your Windows 11, manually download the latest version, burn it into a bootable USB drive, and install it. And you will have to do this each time when there is a new update, because unsupported computers won't receive updates automatically - and manual installing is the only way. Is this still true, or did Microsoft decide to make the updates available to any computer that has Windows 11, regardless of whether or not the hardware is supported?

USAFRet

Titan
Is this still true, or did Microsoft decide to make the updates available to any computer that has Windows 11, regardless of whether or not the hardware is supported?
No one knows.
Things change.

At the initial Win 11 release, unsupported hardware was an absolute no no.
Until it wasn't.

Things may change again in the future. Nothing is written in stone.

But why?
Why Win 11 on unsupported hardware?
It is nothing magical vs Win 10.

Reactions: TheFlash1300