ludinkog

Honorable
Jun 1, 2016
I have an Asus ROG STRIX 2080 ti on order right now. As of mid June, there was speculation of a 2080 ti super, but since then, there's been nothing about it, so I had assumed 2080 ti wouldn't be getting a super. Do you guys know if there will be one? Should I cancel/return my order on the 2080 ti?

I dont think anything has been confirmed by Nvidia. I saw rumors that there would be a 2080ti super, and then I saw rumors that it would come later. But nothing concrete.

Since AMD did not release anything to compete with the 2080ti, I dont now if Nvidia has a reason to refresh it. So if you need the GPU, then go for it.

ludinkog

Honorable
Jun 1, 2016
Articles like this:

And:

Are the reason I ask. Because the way they made it seem, there's no reason to buy 2080 ti. But I've gone without a gpu for about 2 weeks now and it's getting annoying how little info has been released.

ludinkog

Honorable
Jun 1, 2016
Currently running a dell 24 inch 1440p 165hz as my main, and have a ROG STRIX 35 inch 3440x1440 100hz on my side setup. I play mostly R6 Siege, but will be getting into other games eventually.

You'll perceive absolutely no performance difference between the RTX 2080 ti and the non existent super variant gaming at 3440x1440p ultrawide or lower resolutions. ESPECIALLY because your ultrawide is only 100hz. That card will be able to more than match fps to your monitor's 100hz refreshrate. If you were triple A gaming at 4k on ultra settings via the latest titles like Metro Exodus, then i'd say maybe. Keep your RTx 2080 TI strix and enjoy it.

ludinkog

Honorable
Jun 1, 2016
Well, I'll just keep my order then. I do have 30 days after day of delivery to return it anyways, so if they do decide to launch a 2080 ti super for God knows what reason in that time frame, I'll return it. But Nvidia's done some annoying stuff like this before. Hoping for the best, thanks for the responses!

Well, I'll just keep my order then. I do have 30 days after day of delivery to return it anyways, so if they do decide to launch a 2080 ti super for God knows what reason in that time frame, I'll return it. But Nvidia's done some annoying stuff like this before. Hoping for the best, thanks for the responses!
There will be no performance increase regarding your use case by doing that. You'll be wasting time and possibly money in shipping costs and the performance increase will be negligible.

Jul 14, 2019
Yeah no performance game in what he has right now but obviously he wants something that's a tad bit future proof spending nearly $1200 on a graphics card just to realize that there could be something else thats better. Hate damn Nvidia.

Yeah no performance game in what he has right now but obviously he wants something that's a tad bit future proof spending nearly $1200 on a graphics card just to realize that there could be something else thats better. Hate damn Nvidia.

Why does that make you hate Nvidia? Because they are releasing new cards? There is always something better on the horizon. The 2080ti is about a year old, how long should Nvidia wait before releasing better cards?