Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2020
Hello all, my m.2 SSD has just come back from repair and I am trying to install windows on it. When I try to it comes up with an error saying “ Windows can not be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting into this disk. Ensure that the disk’s controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu. I have already check in bios and under SATA controller it is enabled, any help? My mother board is Z390 GAMING SLI and SSD is SPECTRIX S40G 1tb. Thanks!

Feb 14, 2020
So it worked before you sent it off for repair? did they replace m.2?

Do you have latest bios on motherboard? that can help

try resetting bios to defaults and try again?

m.2 doesn't use sata? it uses nvme/pcie
yep they sent in a new one, bios is up to date not sure how to reset all bios setting but will look into it

Feb 14, 2020
If you don't have anything to lose on the M.2 drive at the windows installation drive selection delete all of the m.2 drive partitions you see in the window until you see 1 unallocated partition and click next.
No delete button it’s grey, only things I can click is new, refresh and load driver

Feb 14, 2020
I wonder, try making another Installer on a new USB, it could be the USB its looking for drivers for, not m.2
Yeah the USB is slightly bent, it has just failed to download on that USB, will try another one but it will take over an hour so I will let it run overnight and keep you updated in the morning, but I really appreciate the help!

I just installed Windows 10 the latest version on 2 systems a few days ago using a USB drive of 8GB.

So to answer your question. Yes a USB drive of 8GB is enough for Windows Media Creation Tool to create that Windows OS install.

If your question is "Is 8GB of space enough to install Windows" then the answer is no.

Feb 14, 2020
I just installed Windows 10 the latest version on 2 systems a few days ago using a USB drive of 8GB.

So to answer your question. Yes a USB drive of 8GB is enough for Windows Media Creation Tool to create that Windows OS install.

If your question is "Is 8GB of space enough to install Windows" then the answer is no.
Yep worded that wrong, I meant in a USB stick to install windows on a ssd, thanks for the help and will keep you updated

Feb 14, 2020
I might be wrong but it could be that win 10 doesn't have drivers for the USB its installed on to run the installer on the drive. It can happen. I am just not sure about this error, I don't see it very often.
Tried on a new USB 8gb it’s saying “ we couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more into see the setup log files“ even tho it shows a partition on the screen, im not sure if its showing a ssd or a partition annoying how I can’t send photos

Tried on a new USB 8gb it’s saying “ we couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more into see the setup log files“ even tho it shows a partition on the screen, im not sure if its showing a ssd or a partition annoying how I can’t send photos

Use imgur.com. Upload the picture there and paste the imgur link here so we can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.