Question XFX RX 580 fan spinning loud at idle state

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Hi
My XFX is doing something strange lately since the new windows 10 update 1903 , is running the fans at full speed on idle at random time and not every time I turned on the computer . Yesterday I had a full day without this issue .
this happened always when the graphic card is cold , even happened on boot .
this could be driver related since there are some bugs on drivers with this windows 10 update . there´s a big topic on AMD about is but noone talks about this bug here :( , I am afraid that could be something wrong with my gpu itself .

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
yes I am using the latest drivers. yes the chipset drivers are the latest on Motherboard website . motherboard bios is updated yes.
PC components :
MSI a88xm e35
AMD a8 6600k
Corsair xms3 1666mhz
Corsair vs550w
AMD RX 580
SSD kingston a400 120gb
HDD WD blue 1tb
OS Windows 10 1903

Windows is causing some bugs on latest drivers , I don´t know if it can be related or not https://community.amd.com/message/2917176?commentID=2917176#comment-2917176

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
cpu it is on 35ºc with the forum opened and the gpu at 39ºc ... nothing is overclocked , and it was suppose to gpu only rotate the fans at 41ºc because I had set that way on afterburner but anyway before that the gpu had the same issue and only was suppose to spin the fans at 60ºc
memory have XMP activated on bios only

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you have any applications using the GPU for processing (like SETI or a mining app)? Have you scanned this system for malware recently?

I have a RX 580, on Win 10 1903, sitting right next to me. Not seeing similar issues with the most recent drivers (19.6.3).

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Do you have any applications using the GPU for processing (like SETI or a mining app)? Have you scanned this system for malware recently?

I have a RX 580, on Win 10 1903, sitting right next to me. Not seeing similar issues with the most recent drivers (19.6.3).
I dont have any app like that , dont use it for minning .
There's no malware , I have did a clean install on Windows few days ago

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
Never had look on that . And as the problem not occur always and sometimes it occur even during the boot will be hard , it's just for some seconds , like 2 or 3 seconds .
I am really sad about it and dont really what is happening , the system doesnt even lose any performance ....
There's something on the post of amd forum that can be related ? Amd doesnt talk about issues on latest drivers , but Nvidia did that on last realease notes " they said that are working on a fix with Microsoft"
What issues Nvidia have I dont know ....

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I have some update on the case , it happened today again , twice 1st time on normal boot then I restarted to safe mode to see what happens and happened the same , I looked closely and seems that is only one gpu fan that keeps spinning at 100% and the other stays off . This happened after the pc had been turned off during all night . during normal usage after the computer had heated up a bit this don´t happen .

after talking with some users and some research this don´t seems to be related to the drivers or windows .