Checksum

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Checksum.
  1. S

    How does this work

    LS (Lifetime Series) 600-Watt ATX Power Supply ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=ULT-LS600 ) work on a 9800gtx+? The Power Supply only has 1 PCIe connector, and the card says it needs 2. But i also read a review that the PS worked good for a 9800gtx+...
  2. G

    Mysterious SERVIC~1.EXE

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) My Windows XP slows very much and crasches 2-3 times weekly showing a blue screen with white C:type text and counting number. MyTask Manager shows some mysterious processes using cpu. For example SERVIC~1.EXE and...
  3. G

    USB Lexar Flash Drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I recently purchased a Lexar JumpDrive Secure. I am not using the encryption software that came with the drive, I would like to use it as a regular flash drive. Works fine, the only problem is WinXP mounts it as a Local...
  4. J

    Control Panel Not Working

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) When I go to Start > Control Panel, the control panel doesn't load. And while the control panel was working a few days ago it wouldn't let me open display properties on category view, please help :(
  5. J

    Upgrade CPU or GPU?

    Currently I am running an AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Cpu, and a GTX 560 SE edition. I have a budget of 400$ so I can get a 3770k with a motherboard or possibly a GTX 670/Radeon HD 7970. If I do upgrade my Gpu will my cpu bottleneck it?
  6. J

    dsl modem disconnects

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) Greetings, I have been trying to use a chat/webcam software with my newly acquired dsl, which had been working fine with dialup. After about 15 to 20 minutes, it cuts off my connection with the internet, no email, no...
  7. R

    L2 Cache question

    I have 2 computers, a 450 MHz Pentium II with a 512 MB L2 Cache, and a 600 MHz Pentium III with a 256 Mb L2 Cache. I got the L2 Cache size by running a benchmark program. I only need one computer, so I want to retire the Pentium II, but I don't know anything about L2 Cache - would I be able to...
  8. G

    How to set up RAID ?>

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Can I set up raid for backup purposes using software ? I have one hard disk , do i Need another one ? Mother board is gigabyte 8IG1000, P4, 2.4 Ghz with hyperthreading processor
  9. G

    AV40 hard drive size limit

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?) Can anyone tell me what the hard drive size limit is on an AV40 motherboard? Inquiring for a friend. He's looking to replace his dead 40gig. Thanks, RH
  10. S

    copying from old HD to CD

    Have a Dell Desktop which is no longer working and need to know if and how to transfer info from HD so I can install the information to a new system? I know with Dell everything needs to stay Dell to Dell but what about the information stored on the HD? I cannot power up the Dell since the MoBo...
  11. G

    P5AD2, RAID 5, and more than 4 SATA drives ?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi, I'm trying to figure out what is the cheapest way to build a PC with RAID 5 that can support up to 8 hard disks. I want to start with 4 or 5 hard disks, and I want to be able to add same-size drives as time goes by. Note...
  12. D

    PSU for old but powerful PC

    Hi all, I've recently bought a GeCube ATi Radeon X1950XT"X" AGP 8x Card and after starting any games or with the PC on for some time, the PSU always gets tired of powering it and shuts it off. I should have done what everywhere else says: Don't plug an x1950 if you don't have at least 25+A +12v...
  13. turpit

    Steve Nix of ID not enthused with DX 10

    Steve Nix of Id software (Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein) talks a little about Xbox 360, Vista, DX10, PC, Ids next game and their relations. Some interesting information. Click on: id Software - Consoles and DirectX 10 Interview
  14. G

    P4C800-E dlx AND ecc MEMORY

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Anyone using ECC memory with that board, and which brand is the best, do they come in dual kit ? Thankyou
  15. S

    Cheap Good sockett 939 processor?

    Right now I have a amd 64 3000+ and i would like a better one for a cheap price do you know of any?
  16. G

    K7S5A and Athlon XP 1600+ won't read certain files on hard..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?) This is very strange. I'm working on a friend's computer which has an Athlon XP 1600+ running on a K7S5A. The CPU settings in the BIOS had been set up wrong (100/100 instead of 133/133), so he's been running at 1050MHz...
  17. H

    Mobo's for Athlon64 3200+?

    Any suggestions on good quality motherboards for socket 754. Planning on upgrading to an Athlong64 3200+ with 2 sticks Ultra DDR PC3200 Ram 2x512. <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Hawkeye32 on 09/05/04 09:30 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  18. R

    P4PE and PC3200 memeory

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) I want to up my memory on my P4PE from 768 to 1 Gig. I have Kingston DS memory 512 and 256. Local Computer store can not get PC2700 but says I can use PC3200? Any know if the system can handle that memory? Ron Byram...
  19. S

    standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel po..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port? I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it into, So i would...
  20. B

    I have a choice to make. Help me make it.

    Ok so i just ordered parts for a new system from scratch. I'll admit that i didn't do all my homework about the new Intel C2D stuff. And after seeing the future of 939 looking dim and the way people are talking about the C2D I'm wondering if i should sell my new unopened X2 4400 Toledo and Asus...
  21. H

    Kingston ValueRAM

    Does anyone know anything about Kingston ValueRAM's latency? It's DDR400, Dual Channel 512 (256x2) She says live up to your first impression, Well my best side, was your worst invention, Cant you live without the intention? Cant you love without the intention?
  22. G

    Best choice for mb?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi all, I have come into the posession of an ECS K7S5A Pro with an XP1800+ and 512M (2x256M) of SDRAM on it. Problem is, the motherboard is blown but the cpu and ram are still good. So my question is which ASUS mb would you...
  23. G

    Athlon or Intel - help please !! :-)

    I'm looking to replace my existing machine to allow me to carry out video rendering work. I currently have an athlon xp2100+ which has served me well although its pretty slow when it comes to any video manipulation (have 1GB memory and 7200 120Gb 8mb cache hard drive) - however I am completely...
  24. M

    CPU Too Cold

    Is it possible for a cpu to run too cold? I keep seeing all these things about cpu's being cooled by hydrogen, helium, dry ice, etc. How is a cpu able to work at -1xx*? I always compared a cpu to a car engine, it runs better when its cooler, but haven't you tried to start an engine in the...
  25. M

    VirtuMVP doesent work

    I just build my new Computer. i7 3770k G1.Sniper 3 32GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM nVidia GTX 690 Windows 8 Pro 64x And my Mobo - Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 (latest Bios) supports Lucid VirtuMVP But when i install the newes Win8 64x driver it gives me an error that the Installmanager didnt detect...
  26. PCcashCow

    SKT 939

    I am looking to get a 64 bit rig going, and now that the 939 cipset has a wider range of cpu speed, I looking for the right mobo and chipset. Anyone know of any that stand out as far as stability? P.S 939 allows for non-ECC non-registered memory right? It seems that every time I reboot my...
  27. Y

    Inno3d

    Hello, i need drivers for inno3d 3450 HD -512mB VGA to word with windows xp
  28. mrmez

    Ordered: e4300, P5B-D...

    Yaay Just ordered my new sys. e4300 Asus P5B-D 1Gb x2 800Mhz (5-5-5-12), worth 4-4-4-12??? Antec P180B (dayam i love this case....i hope) Raping from my current sys... 1950XT 320Gb 120Gb 80Gb 650W Water sys So for the 1st time in a long time i will actually have a (as near as makes no diff)...
  29. Oracle

    For those with an Asus A7N8X-DX

    For those who followed <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=396099#396099" target="_new">my thread</A> in the graphics cards, I recently had a bad experience upgrading CPU to XP3200+ with my Asus A7N8X-DX board (rev 1.04 BIOS 1007). With the...
  30. G

    GA-7N400 PRO2 - aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh The Crazy World Of Arth..

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte (More info?) XP 2500+ CPU Temp 60-64 degrees C Also tried Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 which is sitting at 58 degrees C Tried three different heatsinks and fans to with no success. Anyone else having temperature problems with this board...
  31. C

    MK79G-N Problems

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?) Hello, I have put together a system for a client (my father-in-law, uh-oh) based on the MK79-N (with an Athlon 2500+, 512MB 333Mhz RAM (not the best, Apacer is the brand), 80GB Seagate HD, LG 4082B DVD-Burner and WIN XP Pro...
  32. X

    Dual channel DDR

    Not been following some stuff for a bit, but now I see some sites listing some memory as Dual Channel DDR. Now, is this just a marketing thing, because I don't seem to find this memory on the sites I usually use, ie newegg.com and mwave.com. Just seems kinda redundant to me, since I though DDR...
  33. G

    routing LAN -> modem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) Hi, I have a computer with winxp pro, LAN card and a modem. The internet connection via LAN is shared and I would like to dial and connect via modem from another computer. Connection is OK (DHCP in incoming...
  34. MadModMike

    Speculative Talk: AMD K10

    As with Nehalem, I want to get views on AMD's next architecture, K10 and I ask for non-fanboyism. Some sources say it is dead, while others say it is on track for release. What I know about K10 is that it will bring Multi-Core, possibly 8-Cores or more, DDR3/DDR4, use HyperTransport 3.0 or 4.0...
  35. R

    SouthBridge heatsink

    A7N8X 2.0 the south bridge gets really hot , I have good ventilation with my chieftec case (5 fans) 2 front blowing in , 1 side blowing in , 2 rear out and antec true 430 fan helping to blow out. I'm using a 2500 Barton (11x200) with slk800u w/TT smart fan II should I be at all concerned...
  36. G

    Partion Hard Drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Can someone direct me to a "How to Partion my Hard Drive" for Win Xp Pro or give me some direction thanks cory
  37. G

    how to use your monitor as a camera

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?) Absolutely Amazing!!! Check it out: (posted in another group) >A while back, I recall someone posted a link to the web site that >explains and demonstrates technology which can view a user through >his (or her) monitor. I lost...
  38. S

    Intermittent Hardware Problem

    I ended up buying a total lemon of a desktop computer which has cost me a small fortune in repair charges. The last time I took it in, they replaced the motherboard. The problem I have now is that every so often when I power it up, the HD comes on, the USB LED mouse will not light up and the...
  39. F

    Att: How do I build embassies?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.civ3 (More info?) Hello Folks, It some time since I started Civ III and there's one problem that I've not got round to solving. How do I make an Embassy? I say's to double click on the Capitol icon. Is this the map icon? If so when I do it nothing happens. I'm...
  40. X

    Configuring ASUS P4P800 Deluxe Game port in BIOS question

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) When you enable the game port in the BIOS, you are confronted with several configuration options e.g. 200/300. 200/330 etc. What do these numbers relate to. 200/300 is working for me, but I'm just curious. Cheers in advance.