christophergeo

Honorable
Jun 1, 2014
Hello there,

I am building a system for capturing 1080p video ( ~100Mbps ) with a Decklink duo PCI card (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-31 ) and using VMix software.
I have built the below system according to the reference system found on VMix website
( https://www.vmix.com/products/vmix-reference-systems.aspx#ruby ).

Specs so far:

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Red 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB DUAL OC Video Card
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Im gonna add another ssd in the future for my recordings. The HDD is only for backup purposes.

• Is the system above powerful enough to handle this kind of workload?
  • Would you recommend any changes?
  • Does this motherboard have the pci interface required by the DeckLink card?
  • Should i get another HDD or is this good enough? ( I am looking for durability )

Sorry for the questions but i need this system to work flawlessly since its gonna be my main tool for my job.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
That system is way above the specs needed. I have an i3-6100 + RX 460 4GB + Elgato HD60 Pro that is more than enough for 1080p recording.

I have a question though, will you be doing other things on this system while recording or is it dedicated to recording only? It should be good enough for recording + other things, I'm just wondering.
That system is way above the specs needed. I have an i3-6100 + RX 460 4GB + Elgato HD60 Pro that is more than enough for 1080p recording.

I have a question though, will you be doing other things on this system while recording or is it dedicated to recording only? It should be good enough for recording + other things, I'm just wondering.

Solution

christophergeo

Honorable
Jun 1, 2014
Hello and thanks for the reply!

We will be capturing multiple 1080p cameras simultaneously, adding some graphics and maybe a green screen and all that will be live streamed to our website from one machine.

Thanks!

Hello and thanks for the reply!

We will be capturing multiple 1080p cameras simultaneously, adding some graphics and maybe a green screen and all that will be live streamed to our website from one machine.

Thanks!
I also run 4x 1080p security cameras on a Pentium G4560 w/ integrated graphics on software (Blue Iris) that takes advantage of Intel's Quick Sync technology in their graphics. Runs like a charm. With multiple 1080p cameras, I'm sure it will depend a lot on the efficiency of the software being used.