Corsair 850x powersupply (850 watt)
1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
Case: Cooler Master K500L
Monitor : Acer XB271HU, 1440p 2k ips 144hz overclocked to 165hz
Here is picture of my pc
nXuFTIs_d.jpg

So i think my specs are pretty good,
My problem is i get lower fps than youtube benchmarks
for example in GTAV, i have it on steam (SSD), my average fps on 1440p on very high settings is 85-90fps
But all youtube benchmarks with same specs or even worst than me are getting average of 135-145fps
And they get around 88-95 fps on 4K,Which is what I'm getting on only 1440p

Another example in Fortnite Epic settings they get average of 140-170fps on 1440p
But i get 100-130fps, i checked more than video and threads they all get similar frame rates, except me getting much lower than them.

My GPU temp is lower than 80
My CPU temp is lower than 82
I know its kinda high but i think that's shouldn't effect my fps that much
So guys if you know why is that happening for me let me know i really need help, Thank you

Solution
Alright, when i comeback home i will send the 3D Mark Time Spy results, and no I'm not using 2 separate PCIe power cables i guess, as you can see in the picture, 1 PCIe cable

You need to use 2 separate cables, there is absolutely no question on that period.
Hello, let me tell you my specs first

RTX 2080TI FE
i7-8700K overclocked to 4.8 with H100i v2
32gb Corsair Vengeance Rams
Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo
Corsair 850x powersupply (850 watt)
1TB SSD, 2TB HDD
Case: Cooler Master K500L
Monitor : Acer XB271HU, 1440p 2k ips 144hz overclocked to 165hz
Here is picture of my pc
nXuFTIs_d.jpg

So i think my specs are pretty good,
My problem is i get lower fps than youtube benchmarks
for example in GTAV, i have it on steam (SSD), my average fps on 1440p on very high settings is 85-90fps
But all youtube benchmarks with same specs or even worst than me are getting average of 135-145fps
And they get around 88-95 fps on 4K,Which is what I'm getting on only 1440p

Another example in Fortnite Epic settings they get average of 140-170fps on 1440p
But i get 100-130fps, i checked more than video and threads they all get similar frame rates, except me getting much lower than them.

My GPU temp is lower than 80
My CPU temp is lower than 82
I know its kinda high but i think that's shouldn't effect my fps that much
So guys if you know why is that happening for me let me know i really need help, Thank you

Run 3D Mark Time Spy and post the result link.

Are you using 2 separate PCIe power cables?

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
You need to use 2 separate cables, there is absolutely no question on that period.
oh i didn't know that, alright i will change the current PCIe to a single one, and add another single one, i will set the power limit to max also, as the guy above said, and then i will see if something changed, i will send pic of 3D Mark Time Spy before and after

Oh i didn't know, alright i will change the current PCIe to a single one, and add another one, i will set the power limit to max also as the guy above said, and then i will see if something changed, i will send pic of 3D Mark Time Spy before and after

Send the actual result links....

The GPU is starving for power, one cable can't supply enough wattage.

Last edited:

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Send the actual result links....

The GPU is starving for power, one cable can't supply enough wattage.
What makes you think that? Why would there be two PCIe connectors on the end of a cable if it was unable to supply enough wastage? My Seasonic X850 only came with two cables with 4 PCIe connectors in total, I'm able to run dual GTX 770s at maximum boost clock speeds.

What makes you think that? Why would there be two PCIe connectors on the end of a cable if it was unable to supply enough wastage? My Seasonic X850 only came with two cables with 4 PCIe connectors in total, I'm able to run dual GTX 770s at maximum boost clock speeds.
I've also ran across numerous threads where this solved the issue and it was with graphics cards that draw far less power. It's worth a shot and i'm convinced that is the issue with a RTX 2080 ti.

It's still one cable coming from the PSU. ;)

They can only supply so much wattage from one port.

The RTX 2080Ti is a 350W + GPU.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
The power supply manufacturers wouldn't put two 8 pin connectors on the end of one cable if it couldn't supply the full amount of power. If what you were saying was true, then I would not be able to even use two 230W TDP GTX 770s with an 850 watt power supply, since I only have two PCIe cables. An RTX 2080 Ti is not a 350W+ GPU, it's a 260W GPU. Even if it was a 350W+ GPU your math doesn't check out, two 8 pin PCIe connectors supply 150W each, and the PCIe slot can provide 75W, so theoretically that provides a maximum supply of 375W to a single GPU.

The power supply manufacturers wouldn't put two 8 pin connectors on the end of one cable if it couldn't supply the full amount of power. If what you were saying was true, then I would not be able to even use two 230W TDP GTX 770s with an 850 watt power supply, since I only have two PCIe cables. An RTX 2080 Ti is not a 350W+ GPU, it's a 260W GPU. Even if it was a 350W+ GPU your math doesn't check out, two 8 pin PCIe connectors supply 150W each, and the PCIe slot can provide 75W, so theoretically that provides a maximum supply of 375W to a single GPU.

That's ONE PCIe connection coming from the PSU, that's what matters, one port on the PSU end.

Yeah it is a 350W + GPU. ;)

I have one so I know, seen mine pull 385W.....

Jonny_Guru.PNG

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
It's been a massive issue since the PSU makers started daisy chaining the PCIe cables.

They didn't expect the high power graphics cards that we are seeing now when they 1st started doing it.
I'm finally back home, do i have to buy 3DMark Time Spy? Looks like its for about 12$, Anyways i will buy it if it will help knowing the issue, and send the results here

Status
Not open for further replies.