Jun 8, 2023
Valorant requested TCP 2.0 and Secure Boot Enabled after I recently switched to Windows 11. I followed this video (Guide) until ~1:35, then I pressed Save&Exit. After that my PC turns on, but non of the peripherals are working. All the fans and LED inside my PC work perfectly while mouse, keyboard and monitor don't even power on. I can't do anything or enter the BIOS. The light on my GPU started flickering intermittently instead of constant glow .I know this is a common problem, I've researched a lot and did not find any concrete affordable solution. My PC build was doing fine for a long time, so no problems with compatibility. All hardware is in a good state/condition. I can't flash my BIOS since my motherboard doesn't support Q-Flash PLUS.

My PC components:
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Ryzen 5 2600
Plait 1660S
G.Skill 2x8 3600MHz
Kingston SSD 480GB
Seagate HDD 1TB
AeroCool VX PLUS 600

What I've already tried:
-put RAMs in different slots, use single or double RAMs
-reset CMOS (by removing the battery and waiting minutes/hours/one night)
-reset CMOS though CLR_CMOS 2 pins
-reseat GPU
-reseat CPU and reapply the cooler and paste
-boot up without GPU, though HDMI on my motherboard port(I don't think my M/O or CPU have integrated graphics)
-removed all motherboard components , just kept the CPU and RAM.

Valorant requested TCP 2.0 and Secure Boot Enabled after I recently switched to Windows 11. I followed this video (Guide) until ~1:35, then I pressed Save&Exit. After that my PC turns on, but non of the peripherals are working. All the fans and LED inside my PC work perfectly while mouse, keyboard and monitor don't even power on. I can't do anything or enter the BIOS. The light on my GPU started flickering intermittently instead of constant glow .I know this is a common problem, I've researched a lot and did not find any concrete affordable solution. My PC build was doing fine for a long time, so no problems with compatibility. All hardware is in a good state/condition. I can't flash my BIOS since my motherboard doesn't support Q-Flash PLUS.

My PC components:
Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Ryzen 5 2600
Plait 1660S
G.Skill 2x8 3600MHz
Kingston SSD 480GB
Seagate HDD 1TB
AeroCool VX PLUS 600

What I've already tried:
-put RAMs in different slots, use single or double RAMs
-reset CMOS (by removing the battery and waiting minutes/hours/one night)
-reset CMOS though CLR_CMOS 2 pins
-reseat GPU
-reseat CPU and reapply the cooler and paste
-boot up without GPU, though HDMI on my motherboard port(I don't think my M/O or CPU have integrated graphics)
-removed all motherboard components , just kept the CPU and RAM.
At this juncture, and considering you've tried just about everything else, I'd suggest taking out the CMOS battery and shorting the two reset pins together. Leave it that way overnight which may be longer than necessary but you're not using it right now anyway.

Of course, remove the power plug before doing this.

I recall early Gigabyte AM4 boards had a "cold brick" failure mechanism that was similar to your experience and doing this would knock them out of it. I would have thought them to have fixed it by now, and with B450 boards in particular, but you never can tell.

Reactions: toryabc
D

Deleted member 2947362

Disconnect from mains electric supply then try disconnecting all HDD/SSD drives including any M.2 remove bios battery keep the battery out then turn PC on see if you can get to BIOS

all this hassle caused just because of some anti cheat software pff stuff that game lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 8, 2023
At this juncture, and considering you've tried just about everything else, I'd suggest taking out the CMOS battery and shorting the two reset pins together. Leave it that way overnight which may be longer than necessary but you're not using it right now anyway.

Of course, remove the power plug before doing this.

I recall early Gigabyte AM4 boards had a "cold brick" failure mechanism that was similar to your experience and doing this would knock them out of it. I would have thought them to have fixed it by now, and with B450 boards in particular, but you never can tell.
Thank you. I'm currently trying your solution. I've already tried removing CMOS battery overnight and it didn't do anything for me. However, I did not try doing it at the same time with shorting the two reset pins. I'm now using power switch thing to connect these two together. Unplugged almost everything from motherboard, except CPU and RAM and there are no wires that are connected to PC from outside.

Jun 8, 2023
Disconnect from mains electric supply then try disconnecting all HDD/SSD drives including any M.2 remove bios battery keep the battery out then turn PC on see if you can get to BIOS

all this hassle caused just because of some anti cheat software pff stuff that game lol
Thank you. I've already tried this one, disconnected majority of parts and removed the battery, then turned on PC. Nothing has changed, PC is on but no peripherals are active(I assume no USB ports or wire ports are active too)

D

Deleted member 2947362

when you turn the PC back on make sure no HDD/SSD or M.2 drives are installed just see if it will boot to bios

D

Deleted member 2947362

I cant see how anti cheat software can lock you out of the whole PC so all you done was install the game/software rebooted to BIOS enabled secure boot and now you have this problem do i have that correct?

D

Deleted member 2947362

try turning PC on with everything connected but doint conect the mouse and keyboard

they enabled both secure boot sometimes messes with my mouse and/ or keyboard in the past I had to turn pc off disconnect them turn pc on let it boot to windows then plug them back in and it would be fine after that why it done it I dont know might have been driver or something like that?

sometimes I would reboot the PC and it would just stay at a black screen or it would boot to windows and mouse and keyboard wouldn't work even if unplugged them from the usb and plugged them back in

I forgot about it because I haven't had that issue for couple months so I just assumed it was a driver issues and secure boot?

I have to go out soon so I wont be on long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 8, 2023
I cant see how anti cheat software can lock you out of the whole PC so all you done was install the game/software rebooted to BIOS enabled secure boot and now you have this problem do i have that correct?
I don't know if anti-cheat is the reason of my problem, or it's messed up BIOS settings. Yes, you're correct, I updated Windows to 11 and everything was fine. The last thing I downloaded was Valorant/Vanguard anti-cheat and it told me to enable secure boot. After that I went straight into BIOS, messed up some setting and now I have this problem

D

Deleted member 2947362

This is whats odd because if no hdd/ssd or m.2 drives are installed and bios has been reset it's impossible for TPM 2.0 and secure boot to stop the PC let alone get to BIOS something else must be is happening

Jun 8, 2023
D

Deleted member 2947362

I don't know if anti-cheat is the reason of my problem, or it's messed up BIOS settings. Yes, you're correct, I updated Windows to 11 and everything was fine. The last thing I downloaded was Valorant/Vanguard anti-cheat and it told me to enable secure boot. After that I went straight into BIOS, messed up some setting and now I have this problem
I have to go out in a bit but I'll carry on racking my brain on the issue, if I can think of anything I shall post back later

D

Deleted member 2947362

Sorry, I've mistaken. But anyway, I think I didn't even get to that point of changing TPM. All I did from the video guide is disabling CSM, disabling Secure Boot and resetting Factory Keys (Platform Key)
if your BIOS is updated to the latest bios TPM 2.0 is on by default or windows 11 won't install unless you upgraded a different way

resetting your bios would have put everything back to factory standard so it should boot to BIOS no problems

Jun 8, 2023
when you turn the PC back on make sure no HDD/SSD or M.2 drives are installed just see if it will boot to bios
I've just tried that. CMOS battery was out. I have only one SSD and one HDD. There were only two SATA cables plugged in motherboard. I'm pretty sure these two were my SSD & HDD, so I disconnected SATA wires. Plugged back GPU & DP cable and power cable. Same result, PC on, no signal from the monitor

Jun 8, 2023
I've just tried that. CMOS battery was out. I have only one SSD and one HDD. There were only two SATA cables plugged in motherboard. I'm pretty sure these two were my SSD & HDD, so I disconnected SATA wires. Plugged back GPU &
try turning PC on with everything connected but doint conect the mouse and keyboard

they enabled both secure boot sometimes messes with my mouse and/ or keyboard in the past I had to turn pc off disconnect them turn pc on let it boot to windows then plug them back in and it would be fine after that why it done it I dont know might have been driver or something like that?

sometimes I would reboot the PC and it would just stay at a black screen or it would boot to windows and mouse and keyboard wouldn't work even if unplugged them from the usb and plugged them back in

I forgot about it because I haven't had that issue for couple months so I just assumed it was a driver issues and secure boot?

I have to go out soon so I wont be on long.
Didn't work for me after I applied this solution. It would work if I could get at least into BIOS or Windows, but here I don't get anywhere. I would have no use of keyboard even if it did turn on.

All I did from the video guide is disabling CSM, disabling Secure Boot and resetting Factory Keys (Platform Key)
This is a problem with UEFI video driver on Gigabyte boards.
One of ways for fixing it is booting with CPU, that has integrated GPU (and removing discrete GPU).
Like Ryzen 3 2200G/GE, 3200G/GE, Athlon 3000G.

You probably got this warning about UEFI video driver and ignored it.

750b3b4d5994dce6165c599bbe8f9fc44c5e5c97.jpeg

Jun 8, 2023
One of ways for fixing it is booting with CPU, that has integrated GPU (and removing discrete GPU).

Thank you. Yes, I did get this warning. So are there any other way of solving this problem? Will this method help me like with 100% possibility? If I have no other way then I'll definitely buy the AMD Athlon 3000G CPU since I don't want to spend too much for a 5 minute operation and it's the cheapest option.

D

Deleted member 2947362

ahhh nice one (y)I learned something here as well, I though my problem was maybe driver related but I never knew of this.

Jun 8, 2023
Yes. Booting with CPU having iGPU should allow loading into BIOS.
Then you can update BIOS to latest version.

Note - BIOS update needs to be done in several steps.
First update to F32, if current version is below F32.
Only then you can update to latest version.
Oh okay, thank you. Then I'll try your solution. You literally gave me hope, in the beginning I was about to by a new motherboard.

About BIOS updating. You said I have to update my BIOS & F32 to the latest versions. Is it necessary to update BIOS? I thought just resetting it, disabling secure boot and enabling back CSM will do it. Or may be updating BIOS will prevent future problems

D

Deleted member 2947362

Updating Bios can do a few things like add better USB, SSD, M.2, Add CPU support and any security exploits found which there more than likely will be if your not fully updated, one of the last ones was an update for AMD agesa and I think a lot of gigabyte b450 and b550 just got another bios security patch for an exploit that could use the Bios updater as a back door.

so I just keep these things updated.

Follow the manual carefully, updating your bios it not as scary as it's made to seem.

About BIOS updating. You said I have to update my BIOS & F32 to the latest versions. Is it necessary to update BIOS? I thought just resetting it, disabling secure boot and enabling back CSM will do it. Or may be updating BIOS will prevent future problems
You wanted to enable secure boot and TPM 2.0.
BIOS update should solve issues with UEFI video driver.

If you no longer want to enable secure boot and TPM 2.0, then BIOS update is not necessary.

Jun 8, 2023
You wanted to enable secure boot and TPM 2.0.
BIOS update should solve issues with UEFI video driver.

If you no longer want to enable secure boot and TPM 2.0, then BIOS update is not necessary.
Good morning, thank you. A have an opportunity to borrow an AMD CPU from a friend of mine. It's Ryzen 7 5800x. Will it suit me?