PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
i want to build new pc this december or coming march 2021

pc specs are mostly going to be-

Processor :- Ryzen 5 5600(non-X version)
Ram:- Gskill Ripjaws V 3200 (8X2) (16-18-18-34)
Mobo :- here i am confused
PSU :- Gigabyte bronze certified 550 watt
GPU :- rtx 3060 ti or rtx 3060

now confusing part is i came around 3 motherboards which seem kinda identical in many features but i don't know which one to buy, these are
ROG Strix F B450 Gaming(ASUS)
B450 Aorus Pro(GIGABYTE)
Fatality B450 Gaming ITX/AC(ASROCK)

now i want a motherboard with best audio since asrock has creative sound therefore it is my first priority since i have creative 5.1 speakers also asus has dual op amplifiers with slightly better 1220 code improvements(as mentioned by them) so it is my second priority also since b550 does not have any noticeable improvements and i am not planning on buying highly prcied ssd for my pc. So which one sounds best, also overclocking is not my thing, i use my pc at stock settings, i only overclock ram from 3200mhz to 3600 or 4000 and timings to 14-15-15-28 that's it. I also want good gaming lan and amazinggg speeeeeed also i will not use ssd only hdd and i dont care for rgb. One more thing i am listing these boards on the basis of their pricing where asrock being the cheapest bang for buck and asus being highly priced : Asrock<gigabyte<asus

Also i already have a atx mid tower case so it can support all 3 motherboards without any issue and i got 5 case fans installed also i plan on gaming on 1080 resolution.

i just want bang for buck please help me out :)

Solution
I guess it depends on when the non-X version of the 5600 comes out and when they plan to build the system. With the 3600 compared to the 3600X, the higher-end part performed only a couple percent better and was otherwise functionally identical for $50 more at launch. It also came with a little bit better stock cooler, but that seems unlikely to be the case this time around, since they dropped the 5600X to the smaller Wraith Stealth cooler as well.

The only thing is, we don't know when the 5600 is coming, and I suspect it probably won't be announced until at least January, though it could be later. And of course, it's possible there could be a somewhat more of a performance difference this time around. If someone's working with...
Might as well get the 5600X version.

Get 2x8GB 3600MHz CL16 RAM

Get a B550 motherboard where you can flash the BIOS without a CPU installed. Not all of them can.

Don't cheap out on the PSU if you're gonna use a RTX 3000 series card. Get a gold certified PSU and a decent model.

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
You will have to make sure your motherboard supports the 5xxx series CPU right out the box. If not, you'll need a supported CPU in order to flash BIOS. That is unless your motherboard supports a BIOS flashback feature(which those ones you listed do not)

After searching everything i have found that motherboards i have listed will be updated with bios that supports 5000 series cpu. I just buy any one of these motherboards and simply install bios and use 5600x.

PS: sry to say but u didn't help me at all. which motherboard should i buy out of these which has better audio and is able to overclock ram from 3200mhz to max 4000mhz and i want my pc to be fast, also i am not rich so i can buy a gold psu at last but cannot go above the current specs..

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016

Get 2x8GB 3600MHz CL16 RAM

Get a B550 motherboard where you can flash the BIOS without a CPU installed. Not all of them can.

Don't cheap out on the PSU if you're gonna use a RTX 3000 series card. Get a gold certified PSU and a decent model.

Ok i will go with 5600X
i have gskill 3200mhz ram (2x8) cl16 that's why i asked about motherboard whether it can overclock to 3600 or 4000mhz or not...
i have checked that some websites mentions that i can flash new bios without a CPU(asrock and gigabyte can not sure about asus)
i am not cheaping out on PSU, i am not sure which one to get that's why i am asking. I will buy RMX650 then? will that be okay and what's wrong with gigabyte 550watt PSU, it is bronze?

PS: sry to say but u didn't help me at all. which motherboard should i buy out of these which has better audio and is able to overclock ram from 3200mhz to max 4000mhz and i want my pc to be fast, also i am not rich so i can buy a gold psu at last but cannot go above the current specs..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
which motherboard should i buy out of these which has better audio and is able to overclock ram from 3200mhz to max 4000mhz and i want my pc to be fast, also i am not rich so i can buy a gold psu at last but cannot go above the current specs..
Audio: It's a draw. They all use the same audio drivers. Some of the vendors will try to fluff it up by attaching some fancy name to it, for example:
Asus: Supreme FX
Msi: Nahimic
Gigabyte: Amp up

Ram: Watch this.

Psu: So far, Ampere has been shown to have high transient power spikes - don't confuse it with total power draw; the 2 aren't interchangeable. You can get bitten if you can't acquire a decent psu.
Preferably something from the B tier or higher in this list. In the C tier, only look at the gold highlighted units.

I can't do EVERYTHING for you. I figured if you were serious about this build you would do some of your own research regarding which parts to use.

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
I can't do EVERYTHING for you. I figured if you were serious about this build you would do some of your own research regarding which parts to use.
First of all i am extremely sorry if any sentence of mine made you mad.

Also it is true that you cannot do EVERYTHING for me and it is something i am not asking from you or anyone, i am here just to get some good advice since this website is collection of one of the greatest minds. I am serious about my build, i cannot afford expensive parts so i am trying to figure out whatever i have found after months of research is good enough for me or not. I want a decent computer. My build is not attractive in any way and i know it but it is affordable for me.

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
Audio: It's a draw. They all use the same audio drivers. Some of the vendors will try to fluff it up by attaching some fancy name to it, for example:
Asus: Supreme FX
Msi: Nahimic
Gigabyte: Amp up

Ram: Watch this.

Psu: So far, Ampere has been shown to have high transient power spikes - don't confuse it with total power draw; the 2 aren't interchangeable. You can get bitten if you can't acquire a decent psu.
Preferably something from the B tier or higher in this list. In the C tier, only look at the gold highlighted units.

Thanks a alot!
So according to you audio is same in these motherboards so i would prefer going with Asus since it has ALC1220-VB with 2 Amplifiers
Also thanks again for Ram section!
and i was thinking for getting a gold psu, huge thanks for sharing that tier psu list !

Kudos mate !

i would still love to get others opinion :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
So according to you audio is same in these motherboards so i would prefer going with Asus since it has ALC1220-VB with 2 Amplifiers
That's Realtek audio codec - all the others use the same thing.
Heck, you could bypass that entirely and just let the gpu do it - it has it's own built in audio device. It doesn't matter which you do...
Oops, I added an unnecessary option.

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
That's Realtek audio codec - all the others use the same thing.
Heck, you could bypass that entirely and just let the gpu do it - it has it's own built in audio device. It doesn't matter which you do...
Oops, I added an unnecessary option.

Thanks again,

I currently have Corsair VS550 psu and i am worried whether it is healthy or not since it is working since 2013 and it can die anytime now or not. I will buy the following build

CPU-Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU- RTX 3060 Ti
RAM-8X2 = 16GB CL16 Gskill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz
MOBO-Gigabyte Aorus Pro B450 (since b550 does not show any huge improvements over b450 only pci gen 4.0 which i will not use at all)

I have good air flow in my cabinet. My question is should i continue with vs550 or go with MWE 650 BRONZE - V2 which is the only cheapest one i can find and it is listed in tier B on psu tier list and Gold psu 750 watt is costing me like 122 dollars. Also if my vs550 psu die will it take my rest of the components with it like motherboard ram and other stuff?

Thanks in advance !

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
Corsair VS isn't a fire hazard, so when it goes, it'll go solo. The 3060Ti may make it start 'blacking out' before that even happens.
thanks again !

i got cooler master 450 psu which came with my cabinet which i used for 3 years after that i bought corsair vs550, buying cooler master 650 mwe bronze is good right ?

I guess it depends on when the non-X version of the 5600 comes out and when they plan to build the system. With the 3600 compared to the 3600X, the higher-end part performed only a couple percent better and was otherwise functionally identical for $50 more at launch. It also came with a little bit better stock cooler, but that seems unlikely to be the case this time around, since they dropped the 5600X to the smaller Wraith Stealth cooler as well.

The only thing is, we don't know when the 5600 is coming, and I suspect it probably won't be announced until at least January, though it could be later. And of course, it's possible there could be a somewhat more of a performance difference this time around. If someone's working with a limited budget, that extra $50+ for the X-part would probably be better put toward something else, since the performance difference will likely be imperceptible.

As for the 3060 Ti, while it's apparently coming in December, if it's anything like the other 30-series cards, it might be hard to get one near its suggested price for some time following launch. And the 3060 (non-Ti) won't be coming until sometime later.

After searching everything i have found that motherboards i have listed will be updated with bios that supports 5000 series cpu. I just buy any one of these motherboards and simply install bios and use 5600x.
Only some motherboards support flashing their BIOS without an already-compatible CPU installed though. For B450 boards, it was mostly just models from MSI. I don't believe these boards have that feature. With B550, BIOS Flashback is a lot more common, and some boards will be compatible with Ryzen 5000-series processors right out of the box.

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016

The only thing is, we don't know when the 5600 is coming, and I suspect it probably won't be announced until at least January, though it could be later. And of course, it's possible there could be a somewhat more of a performance difference this time around. If someone's working with a limited budget, that extra $50+ for the X-part would probably be better put toward something else, since the performance difference will likely be imperceptible.

As for the 3060 Ti, while it's apparently coming in December, if it's anything like the other 30-series cards, it might be hard to get one near its suggested price for some time following launch. And the 3060 (non-Ti) won't be coming until sometime later.

Only some motherboards support flashing their BIOS without an already-compatible CPU installed though. For B450 boards, it was mostly just models from MSI. I don't believe these boards have that feature. With B550, BIOS Flashback is a lot more common, and some boards will be compatible with Ryzen 5000-series processors right out of the box.

I agree on 5600 take, also following this video This i think i can flash bios without an already-compatible CPU installed and if not then the guy i am buying from has entire pc shot and he will help me with it.

can u please tell me whether buying cooler master 650 mwe bronze is good choice or not for my current build.
i got cooler master 450 psu which came with my cabinet which i used for 3 years after that i bought corsair vs550 so overall i got 2 psu's working properly with reputed companies Corsair and Cooler Master.

also with the provided information despite audio quality which mobo i should go with ? (i would like to get your opinion, i cannot make up my mind)

Thanks again !

I totally agree with the fact that the 5600X is hard to find but it's not impossible. 2 days ago Microcenter received some 5600X and 5900X. A had a few friends who were able to buy one.

The fact is that the 5600X single core performance compared to the 3600 or the 3600X is pretty big. Waiting to get a 5600X at this point is just logical unless a system needs to be built right now. CS:GO, Fortnite and all these games have way higher FPS with a 5600X.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ludSCe5BY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZBIeM2zE-I

Solution

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
I totally agree with the fact that the 5600X is hard to find but it's not impossible. 2 days ago Microcenter received some 5600X and 5900X. A had a few friends who were able to buy one.

The fact is that the 5600X single core performance compared to the 3600 or the 3600X is pretty big. Waiting to get a 5600X at this point is just logical unless a system needs to be built right now. CS:GO, Fortnite and all these games have way higher FPS with a 5600X.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ludSCe5BY

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZBIeM2zE-I

Point of cryobuner is that, do not rush for 5600X and wait for 5600 to come as well just like there was negligible difference in performance between 3600 and 3600X and i agree on that part. Just becoz 5600X is "currently" best in the market does not mean we should just grab a plate, as for me a budget builder i would like to wait for 5600 which might perform little less or at par with 5600X. Also i can wait till March since i have my exams coming in January and March.

also please can u please tell me whether buying cooler master 650 mwe bronze is good choice or not for my current build.
i got cooler master 450 psu which came with my cabinet which i used for 3 years after that i bought corsair vs550 so overall i got 2 psu's working properly with reputed companies Corsair and Cooler Master.
also with the provided information despite audio quality which mobo i should go with ? (i would like to get your opinion, i cannot make up my mind)

please answer this question ^ :)

PandaFTW

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
@Nemesia , @cryoburner , @Phaaze88

guys please respond to my this reply

can u please tell me whether buying cooler master 650 mwe bronze is good choice or not for my current build.

please answer this question ^ :)