[SOLVED] B450f windows 10 crashing, then nvme failed, now vga light on.

Codyrudenski

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Hi all, I've been having an insane amount of issues with my most recent build. After getting everythingworking for the first time yesterday, every reboot, windows would fail to start like 5x in a row saying it was missing a different driver every time. Once I got windows up everything was fine I gamed on it for a few hours with no issues. Couldn't sleep so I tried to reboot, it kept blue screening saying it couldn't start correctly due to missing vital drivers. Eventually gott in to try to reinstall win10, once everything was wiped, the m2 crashed. Haven't gotten it to post since. . Tried having my win10 usb plugged into mobo, after taking out the m2, but now u have the white vga light on. Tried different pcie slots, all same issue. GPU was working great yesterday. Removed 3 of my 4 sticks of ram, and only have essentials plugged in, aside from the iCue controller, which is working great. I've tried everything I can think of to getthis thing to boot up. But it seems like my GPU died literally overnight, on a fresh build, right after my m2 died. I have an hdd that was working fine also, sotheres still a boot drive available. Gpu boots rgb and fans, all keyboard and case rgb is on with fans, including cou cooler. No signal to monitor and white vga light on stopping post from completing. Someone please help it's been literally 15 hours of toying with this. Never had so many issues out of 5-6 builds. It's an asus b450f, rog strix 2070s, 3700x, 4x8gb 3200mhz vengeance pro, 500gb 970 evo, 2tb Seagate hdd.

Codyrudenski

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Do you have the most recent BIOS version installed for your motherboard?

What speed is your memory set to in the BIOS? If higher than 2133, lower to that for testing. Need a stable system before enabling XMP (faster profiles).

What is the make/model of your PSU?
I cant get to the bios anymore. I tried uninstalling windows assuming it didnt installcorrectly.. the m2 crashed during installation.
Do you have the most recent BIOS version installed for your motherboard?

What speed is your memory set to in the BIOS? If higher than 2133, lower to that for testing. Need a stable system before enabling XMP (faster profiles).

What is the make/model of your PSU?
Bios should be up to date I updated all the drivers first thing. Psu is powerspec 650w. System only rated to pull 450w.. xmp is stuck on because I cant get into bios to chsnge it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just follow the directions in your motherboard manual.

I prefer the old school method.
  1. Disconnect all power sources (power cable, video, and powered speakers). Then press the power button to discharge residual power stored in the system (seriously).
  2. Remove the motherboard battery (keep in mind which side goes "up").
  3. Wait at least 1 minute.
  4. Re-insert the battery and reconnect all previously removed items.
  5. Power on (mobo should be running in default mode).

Codyrudenski

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Shorted the pins and everything is booting fine now. Still have the m.2 out because it failed to boot so many times. Hoping micro center will replace it. Installing win10 onto my hdd, with my 2070S. Do you think itwas just a bad install of windows, or the m.2 is just bad, nearly doa..?

Codyrudenski

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Worked fantastically all day yesterday.It's working right now, too. The mobo was not recognizing it probably because the win10 installation failing confused everything a bit. Win is installed and now I'm going to reboot a few times to make sure its stable without the m.2, as it was not stable with it.