Jan 5, 2021
While I'm playing BF5 my GPU usage is always up to 62-63% in online. It never goes up. So it my CPU must be bottlenecking my RTX 2060 but I have checked for lots of bf5 tests for any kişnd of bottlenecks I have never seen a situation like that. It might be bottlenecking on those tests but not that hard !!! Can you guys help me out that ?

I am going to put some screenshots of afterburner for you to check. (screenshots are taken in training mode)
I couldn't upload the jpegs properly so I am giving links down here by using tr.imgbb.com site.
https://ibb.co/rbNHfgG (Video Settings - Basic)
https://ibb.co/kJP5K5h (Video Settings - Advenced)
https://ibb.co/k4SsJJL (In-game CPU and GPU informations)

My pc specs are:
MSI VENTUS RTX 2060 OC 6G
Ryzen 5 3600 (stock freq. with aftermarket tower cooler with 2 fans)
2x8 GB 3200 MHz CL16 RAM
MSI B450M Entry Level MB
(PSU output watt is enough for these for sure)

My video settings are ;
1920x1080 144 Hz
Chromatic Aberration - OFF
Film Grain - OFF
Vignette - OFF
Lens Distortion - OFF
DX12 Enabled - OFF
HDR - OFF
Resol. Scale - 100%
FPS Limiter - 144
FF Rendering - OFF
V-Sync - OFF
UI Upscaling - OFF
GPU Mem. Restriction - OFF
HUD Scaling - 50%
Graphics Quality - Medium (All)

Last edited:
Solution
use DX 11 and Ray tracing uses a lot of resources also.
I notice you have a frame rate limit set to 144. If you are hitting the 144 limit then the gpu won’t be fully utilised. As for Ray Tracing it doesn’t sound right for it to freeze every 10 seconds but also I’d say the 2060 is just too weak for most Ray Tracing. My experience based on 1440p and using a 2080 Super was Ray Tracing needed to be off if I want over 60fps. Even with a 3080 @ 1440p now over 100fps with RT on requires sacrificing other settings. Now that doesn’t directly relate as I am using 1440p but still shows how hard RT is to run.
DX12 has been booked with this game since launch.

All right now I just find out that my main problem was DX11 and...
Technically, anyone without a 5950X or 10900K-class of CPU is slightly CPU bottlenecked, and, anyone without a 3090 is GPU bottlenecked....

You can't expect 100% GPU usage in most games with every CPU, and certainly not at only 1080P. ANd, CPU-wise, just because a hypothetical 5800X might be faster than a 3600X at 1080P with many GPUs does not make the 3600X quite yet a door-stop...

Those who decide they are CPU and/or GPU bottlenecked solely on lack of (or because of) pre-conceived percentage usage goals in task manager do so at their own peril... :)

Reactions: Quanticriver
Jan 5, 2021
Technically, anyone without a 5950X or 10900K-class of CPU is slightly CPU bottlenecked, and, anyone without a 3090 is GPU bottlenecked....

You can't expect 100% GPU usage in most games with every CPU, and certainly not at only 1080P. ANd, CPU-wise, just because a hypothetical 5800X might be faster than a 3600X at 1080P with many GPUs does not make the 3600X quite yet a door-stop...

Those who decide they are CPU and/or GPU bottlenecked solely on lack of (or because of) pre-conceived percentage usage goals in task manager do so at their own peril... :)
Ty for the answer but I don't think that this is only about CPU or only about GPU. OK 3600 is not a so strong CPU but 2060 is also not a so strong GPU. So what I mean is with this build, 2060 should not work around 60%. It is not acceptable I think.
I know every single detail about bottleneck and I know there is something wrong. I hope someone can tell me any detail.

Jan 5, 2021
By the way I should have mentioned before, When I enable DX12 and RTX my in-game experience is not well. Game is freezing momentarily every 5-10 seconds or sth. like that. There is also something wrong with my PC.
I hope somebody can tell me about them...

if things are so botched that you are getting freezes, check temps....

As RYzen is pretty RAM sensitive, I'd lower speeds a tad, and check if stability is improved...

I'd nuke and pave to be sure this is no driver /OS/Win update glitch before long, if you are sure there is an actual issue....

Ty for the answer but I don't think that this is only about CPU or only about GPU. OK 3600 is not a so strong CPU but 2060 is also not a so strong GPU. So what I mean is with this build, 2060 should not work around 60%. It is not acceptable I think.

If your frame rates are substandard, that's one thing....; and as you said the game was 'hitching'/freezing for several seconds, there is an issue....

I'd just not decide there for a certainty that there is an issue based primarily on a particular lack of 100% GPU usage at 1080P, which is what I was addressing...if you want to see higher usage, crank up the detail and/or resolution.

Jan 5, 2021
I just fixed the gpu usage problem with removing the drivers and downloading them again. Now my gpu generally works between 85-96%.
But still when I enable DX12 and Ray Tracing my game freezes momentarily every 10 seconds. I am not so obsessed with Ray Tracing but it should not be that unstable I think.
Do you guys think it is about DX12 or Ray tracing enabled ??

If your frame rates are substandard, that's one thing....; and as you said the game was 'hitching'/freezing for several seconds, there is an issue....

I'd just not decide there for a certainty that there is an issue based primarily on a particular lack of 100% GPU usage at 1080P, which is what I was addressing...if you want to see higher usage, crank up the detail and/or resolution.
if things are so botched that you are getting freezes, check temps....

As RYzen is pretty RAM sensitive, I'd lower speeds a tad, and check if stability is improved...

I'd nuke and pave to be sure this is no driver /OS/Win update glitch before long, if you are sure there is an actual issue....

I know every single detail about bottleneck and I know there is something wrong. I hope someone can tell me any detail.
If you want your GPU to work harder you have to give it work to do. Turn up the detail from medium to high or ultra or turn up the resolution from 1080p to 1440p or both.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I just fixed the gpu usage problem with removing the drivers and downloading them again. Now my gpu generally works between 85-96%.
But still when I enable DX12 and Ray Tracing my game freezes momentarily every 10 seconds. I am not so obsessed with Ray Tracing but it should not be that unstable I think.
Do you guys think it is about DX12 or Ray tracing enabled ??

I notice you have a frame rate limit set to 144. If you are hitting the 144 limit then the gpu won’t be fully utilised. As for Ray Tracing it doesn’t sound right for it to freeze every 10 seconds but also I’d say the 2060 is just too weak for most Ray Tracing. My experience based on 1440p and using a 2080 Super was Ray Tracing needed to be off if I want over 60fps. Even with a 3080 @ 1440p now over 100fps with RT on requires sacrificing other settings. Now that doesn’t directly relate as I am using 1440p but still shows how hard RT is to run.

Jan 5, 2021
DX12 has been booked with this game since launch.

All right now I just find out that my main problem was DX11 and also DX12 as well. It is all about them. Now DX11 makes my GPU to work around 60% at every situation, but it does not affect my in game experience, I just get kinda low fps (80-90 fps at medium settings). On DX12 my GPU is fully used according to the scenes (sometimes usage decrease to 80%s but its still ok). But the problem with DX12 is it stutters my game in every 10 seconds for some milliseconds but I feel that. So I found the solution by turning Future Frame Rendering ON. It just fixed the stutter problem and I couldn't feel so much difference about input lag. So it is really cool for me, now at low settings I easily get about 144 fps which is my monitors refresh rate (144Hz).

By the way my LAST question is ;
I just added a cfg file into my BF5 folder with the text ''RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2'' . I found it in a forum and the guy was saying that this cfg file makes you still turn Future Frame Rendering ON with a little bit less affect on fps but it also decreases the input lag. So what he was saying is that this file makes my FFR between on and off. If it is true it helped to fix my stutter and it also did not increase my input lag so much. What you guys think about that ?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS