Feb 19, 2024
My ASUS TUF Nvidia 3080 Ti keeps crashing my computer.

I'll be playing Baldur's Gate 3 or rendering an image with Easy Diffusion and suddenly the screen will go black because the card itself has crashed and stopped outputting video completely. I then have no choice but to reboot as a computer without graphics is rather hard to use. :)

The crashes are fairly unpredictable, but with BG3 they seem to happen after around 20 minutes of gameplay.

I am running Windows 10 home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045.

My CPU is an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D and my motherboard is a A520M-HDV by ASRock.

I've got 32 gigs of physical memory.

My random guess is that it's an electrical issue, but temp is almost as likely.

I would really appreciate help solving this issue as I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and case, and so it's really depressing to not be able to play a modern game on it.

Feb 13, 2024
My ASUS TUF Nvidia 3080 TI keeps crashing my computer.

I'll be playing Baldur's Gate 3 or rendering an image with Easy Diffusion and suddenly the screen will go black because the card itself has crashed and stopped outputting video completely. I then have no choice but to reboot as a computer without graphics is rather hard to use. :)

The crashes are fairly unpredictable, but with BG3 they seem to happen after around 20 minutes of gameplay.

I would really appreciate help solving this issue as I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and case, and so it's really depressing to not be able to play a modern game on it.
You card driver crash?
In your Windows Event Log you recieve this erros: "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." ?

My card recently crashes too, fix for me is to set the configuration "Power management mode" set to "maximum performance" on Nvidia Panel in 3D settings

On Nvidia's reddit in the latest driver FAQ, they mention the problem, implying that it is actually a driver problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/1apuyie/game_ready_driver_55152_faqdiscussion/

Test this, I believe you have the same problem as me. Have a good day.

My ASUS TUF Nvidia 3080 TI keeps crashing my computer.

1. Update bios if you haven't already could be a outdated bios. Conflicting with Ryzen 7 5800x3d

2. What type of memory are they twin kits or mixed ram ?.

Try running hwmonitor
https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Run game for 5 mins with this open in background and then close game check temps.

3 .what is your power supply wattage and model.

Feb 19, 2024
I have a Gigabyte UD750GM Modular Power Supply.

Yeah, I am thinking 750 watts is way too little for my monster of a computer. The CPU alone takes up 105 watts of that, and God knows how much my 3080 ti takes up.

The memory is twin.

I will look into BIOS updates.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I have a Gigabyte UD750GM Modular Power Supply.

Yeah, I am thinking 750 watts is way too little for my monster of a computer. The CPU alone takes up 105 watts of that, and God knows how much my 3080 ti takes up.

The memory is twin.

I will look into BIOS updates.
That is not a very good PSU and is likely causing your issues. What is your budget and where do you buy parts from?