Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2022
Hi

I got a problem with my gpu.
So i got 750 Ti Digital Alliance, very happy about it, not until some issues come in. some issues already fixed, now i got another one. which is black screen then monitor's off
first of all my spec is not that good, but good enough for the gpu

Core i3 3240 (about to upgrade to i5 3570)
8Gb ram (Dual Channel 2x4Gb) 1600mhz
500 Watt Psu Inforce (used to be evga 400w cuz i thought psu is the problem, so i change it. apparently not)
1tb hdd + 500gb hdd
thats it.

i got this problem, while playing game only. not when browsing (idk about watching movie, but i do watch streams but its fine) sometimes it takes like 1 hour or more, sometimes 30 minute. it used to go after 5 minutes, but somehow i fixed it to the current state. now..... idk whats the problem, i thought it was the cable, but i change the cable like 5 times, changing hdmi, vga and dvi, with no result
i thought it was the driver, but i change the driver like 5 times too, trying the latest one, the oldest one, and trying random. so i come to conclusion, maybe the thermal paste, and the gpu is overheating. change both thermal paste of my cpu and gpu (then i broke the gpu fan) temp goes colder and not as hot as it used to, but the problem still occurs. then i come to conclusions again that my cpu sucks (it did sucks) but cuz i don't have any money yet so i buy the 3570 which perform way better then the one i currently use, and still cheap. idk the result yet, but hopefully it fixed, gotta wait for the cpu to arrive first.

now the gaming stuff. so i played ARK, graphic was at all high, it runs at average around 30 fps, but then the problem occur. i tried using command to limit the fps to 30 again, but this time with lower graphic, trying at medium/normal. it runs for atleast an hour, then it crash. then i try it on low, the problem didn't happen for maybe 2 hours? then i got killed by troodon more than 3 times, and i rage quit.
now trying genshin impact. graphic was customed, some were high but the texture is low, and the environment is low too. i tried the fps at both 30 and 60. problem didn't happen. okay problem somehow solved.
conclusion is i need to play game at lower resolution and lower my fps limit at the same time too so that the pc won't shut down. it sucks but that is the only way.
hopefully the new cpu somehow change the way my system run. cuz i know my current cpu is holding the 750 ti back.

i just hoped that any of you somehow had better way for me, or had the same problem but don't know what to do. this is the place to discuss it. i thought of changing my monitor too. might try it tomorrow, hopefuly it did work lol (almost certainly not)

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA is the brand of the unit while 400W is the advertised wattage of the unit. If I'm going to go off assumptions, you migrated from a mediocre unit to a horrible unit(something that shouldn't even be considered a PSU to begin with).

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. Please include the BIOS version for said motherboard as well. As for your OS, if you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on?

The fact that the issue correlates with higher loads on the VGA can mean one of a few things, none of them very good.

It could be a power or heating issue on the VGA.

Did you buy the 750ti used? It could be at the end of it's lifespan, since this is a model launched back in 2014. Not trying to call it a bad card, if it does what you need, fine by me. But transistors and capacitors age, and hardware failures become more common after long usage (5+ years).

It could also be a power issue on the system (PSU), but that's less likely since you already tried another one.

It's unlikely to be a software issue as those don't care much about load.

Jan 31, 2022
EVGA is the brand of the unit while 400W is the advertised wattage of the unit. If I'm going to go off assumptions, you migrated from a mediocre unit to a horrible unit(something that shouldn't even be considered a PSU to begin with).

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard. Please include the BIOS version for said motherboard as well. As for your OS, if you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on?
The fact that the issue correlates with higher loads on the VGA can mean one of a few things, none of them very good.

It could be a power or heating issue on the VGA.

Did you buy the 750ti used? It could be at the end of it's lifespan, since this is a model launched back in 2014. Not trying to call it a bad card, if it does what you need, fine by me. But transistors and capacitors age, and hardware failures become more common after long usage (5+ years).

It could also be a power issue on the system (PSU), but that's less likely since you already tried another one.

It's unlikely to be a software issue as those don't care much about load.
Hi Thank You for all the reply. And i found my solutions.

So what i did is, i open up the the gpu, and change the thermal paste, both on the cpu and the gpu. it works a little bit, but the problem still occurs, BUT. it takes longer than before.
It takes 30-1 hour to "disconnected" now it takes more than 2 hours. ( i realized i already said this so yeah lol) but also, idk if this helps, i installed msi afterbunner, and i change the limit temp from 65C to 95C, so maybe it helps? or not? idk.

Then the i5 3570 arrived, i change the i3 3240 and the problem is GONE. like gone. the cpu arrive yesterday, then i try using it by playing farcry primal. Before it will disconnected, not even 30 minute. but now i play the game for like 4-5 hours, and the problem didn't occurs. not to mention, Before, i set the graphic to low. so i can play a little bit longer. cause if i put it at High, well... i can't even play for 30 minutes. Now i play the game for idk how long, and even try to idle without pausing, but the problem didn't occurs.

So maybe thats it? the cpu and the thermal paste maybe? or msi afterbunner actually did help. but overall, i even tried to open obs, and adobe audition at the same time, while playing (not so hard game) outlast and pes 2017. problem didn't occur.

as for the psu maybe you guys are right, i might change to horrible one tho, or idk. but the 400 w psu is said to be "good enough" while the 500 w, is nowhere to be found on the net that had decent review. but i mean, its still working fine, and if it actually might be a problem for the longterm, i might change it again to the 400w one.

also to answer the mobo type, it was h61h2 m12? or something like that (not a very good mobo). at first it had a problem with the gpu,(its not compatible, the booting process is looping at the mobo brand, can't even go to bios) but then i updated the bios. and it works. than this problem occurs which now already fixed. while the windows (idk the difference between edition and version) it was windows 10 home, before it updated by itself to windows 10 pro when i try to change the mobo. but then i changed it back to windows home again.

While the gpu, is just sitting in their place for century, and never been opened or used intensively by them. (i know the seller) so, a gpu that never been used for a long time might actually be problem? and btw, i clean all the dust. the gpu is surprisingly clean tho.

I'm completely noob at pc stuff (and also not a native english speaker), so im sorry if my words and problem is kinda confusing to you guys. but i already got the problem fixed (hopefuly) and i THANK YOU so much for spending your time trying to figure out whats the problem with my system. So yeah... cheers! hope you had a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.