KaiserPhantasma

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
Whether in normal mode, safe mode or any, hell even in safe mode with command prompt it doesn't show the command prompt what can I do about this, tried windows memdiag, chkdsk, startup repair, even tried putting in the CD (or in this case a flash drive) windows installer to repair but it didn't do jack, even system restore (no restore points)

While I tried to repair it on the windows boot manager it just shows:

File: \

The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI Z87 Mpower MAX
Processor: Intel 4670k Processor
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Graphics Card: MSITwin frozr iii 7970 OC/BE
SSD: Samsung SSD 840 PRO drive128gb
HDD: Seagate barracuda 3tb
RAM: Corsair DDR 3 Vengeance 8x2 1600mhz
PSU: Corsair AX 760 (Platinum Rated)
Case: Corsair 300r

Note: had to hard reset the PC each time my rig the last 5 months when in went all black (I'm guessing power delivery to the GPU since I cleaned it down to the die and the processor, reseat both of them and repasted but the problem still occurs)

It's not supposed to show the command prompt no matter what you do.
The blinking cursor tells you that the bios started a disk that has no idea what to do next, it doesn't have the proper boot info on it.
So either your bios needs to be reconfigured to make it start the correct disk
or your disk needs to be fixed by putting a new bcdstore on it
or your disk is toast.
Or the hard resets/Pc going black cause something on your mobo to burn.

Start by going into your bios and looking if all your disks show up correctly, if you can post pictures of your bios here do that.

KaiserPhantasma

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2013
It's not supposed to show the command prompt no matter what you do.
The blinking cursor tells you that the bios started a disk that has no idea what to do next, it doesn't have the proper boot info on it.
So either your bios needs to be reconfigured to make it start the correct disk
or your disk needs to be fixed by putting a new bcdstore on it
or your disk is toast.
Or the hard resets/Pc going black cause something on your mobo to burn.

Start by going into your bios and looking if all your disks show up correctly, if you can post pictures of your bios here do that.

As you can see I tried formatting it just to see if the SSD is still there and it's still there at the very least...

The greatest fear I have is that I might need to reformat (which I can do in less than an hour) and smother the "other" partition to oblivion (the 700gb one since this is a single 3TB hard drive) by reformatting the C drive (where my SSD is) reformatting along the seagate disk wizard which "extended" the drive to its full capacity

Last edited: