JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
After a faulty bios update, the CPU Debug LED lights up permanently.

I tried to flash the bios with a USB, but the red LED flashes for hours, nothing happens.

Now I wanted to flash the bios with a CH341A.
However, I do not know if this is the bios chip (MX25v2033).
In the programs for the CH341A there is not this chip.

Now how can I save the motherboard ?

After a faulty bios update, the CPU Debug LED lights up permanently.

I tried to flash the bios with a USB, but the red LED flashes for hours, nothing happens.

Now I wanted to flash the bios with a CH341A.
However, I do not know if this is the bios chip (MX25v2033).
In the programs for the CH341A there is not this chip.

Now how can I save the motherboard ?
Don't mess with attempting the CH341A.... use the board's BIOS flashback feature. I suspect the board's also still in warranty so if you simply can't get flashback to work for you contact MSI tech support and start an RMA. You might lose that option if you attempt the CH314A and it damages the board.

Flashback is very picky with the way it works, here's a how-to to help you get it right. Follow instructions to the letter.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyQ0Sfz_aw

JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
Don't mess with attempting the CH341A.... use the board's BIOS flashback feature. I suspect the board's also still in warranty so if you simply can't get flashback to work for you contact MSI tech support and start an RMA. You might lose that option if you attempt the CH314A and it damages the board.

Flashback is very picky with the way it works, here's a how-to to help you get it right. Follow instructions to the letter.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyQ0Sfz_aw
I tried it by flashing with usb. I have done as in the video, but the led does not stop flashing

its probably this chip
SgIynQs.png

it somewhat matches size of 256MBit SPI nor flash msi is using on another mainboards

like here from tomahawk
tM0ngGN.png

which i did found closeup image
OTJi-NTBl-Mj-Nj-Mj-Mx-ZDYz-Njlk-OGMz-NTFi-OTcx-YWUx-N2-Vi-NTg1-ZWU2-OTg4-NDEz-OWZi-Zj-Vl-Nz-Iw-MTA0.jpg

which says macronic 256MBit flash on it

just for confirmation, type whats printed on it

JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
its probably this chip
SgIynQs.png

it somewhat matches size of 256MBit SPI nor flash msi is using on another mainboards

like here from tomahawk
tM0ngGN.png

which i did found closeup image
OTJi-NTBl-Mj-Nj-Mj-Mx-ZDYz-Njlk-OGMz-NTFi-OTcx-YWUx-N2-Vi-NTg1-ZWU2-OTg4-NDEz-OWZi-Zj-Vl-Nz-Iw-MTA0.jpg

which says macronic 256MBit flash on it

just for confirmation, type whats printed on it
There is the Winbond 25Q256JWEQ. But my programs for the ch341a arent for this chip.
Is it possible to flash this chip with the ch341a ?

Last edited:

JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS