Jan 9, 2024
So, I just installed a new fan kit (Game factor fkg400). To control speed, it comes with a 4 pin fan connector, with only the pwm cable attached to it (energy is supplied through hub).
I connected said cable to my MSI b550 mag tomahawk, in a fan connector.
The problem is, profiles do nothing to those particular fans, it shows as if there was nothing connected to that connector, no info on rpm and i can't control voltage.
I'm trying to configure it in the MSI software.

Any recommendation?

Solution
The solution for msi motherboards is going into bios, advanced mode, and setting the ''sysfan'' you connected the hub to, from DC to PWM.
You should check the BIOS first no matter what and see what the sensors are polling. The MSI software should (if it's working right and most mobo software is junk) just be polling what the BIOS registers. So definitely check there first.
thank you.
Jan 9, 2024
Hi, thank you lutfij!

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Game factor fkg400
https://www.gamefactor.mx/en/details/11/fkg400
You sure you're seeing the same connector? I see no mention of a PWM connection for the fans on the product page. Instead it's molex. An ARGB connection does not handle PWM control.

Might want to pass on images of the connections in your system.
Yes, there isn't any mention of the PWM connector in the product page, version 2 of the same product does have it.

It has 2 connections to motherboard, one is 3 pin ARGB, the other is a regular 4 pin fan connector, which only has 1 cable assigned (which I assume is for the PWM).
Power is supplied through the hub, from the molex connector.

I'll reply with some photos as soon as I get home.

As i've read on some other forums, system fans on that motherboard are configured by default to function by DC, not PWM.
Do you think that might be it?

Jan 9, 2024
The solution for msi motherboards is going into bios, advanced mode, and setting the ''sysfan'' you connected the hub to, from DC to PWM.
You should check the BIOS first no matter what and see what the sensors are polling. The MSI software should (if it's working right and most mobo software is junk) just be polling what the BIOS registers. So definitely check there first.
thank you.

Solution