Dusky Crow

Commendable
May 25, 2019
I'm new here and not amazingly knowledgeable about computers, so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong area.
So this is a multitude of problems and i'm just trying to solve it one by one at this point. It all started with me trying to Clone a Toshiba 1TB hard drive to a Western Digital Blue 1TB SSD using Acronis. Acronis requires a restart that will then boot it into its own settings I assume, and begin the cloning process. Problem is, after the restart, it doesn't boot. My Case's LED indicates the computer is on, however nothing happens even after a good 5 minutes. Also, my computers monitor will always be waiting for my computer, indicated by a yellow LED. It will change to blue if something posts. During this time it remained yellow. After many restarts, and some minor method changes, same story. Then, I tried booting from a USB with Acronis Recovery on it and no luck as well. At this point, i'm questioning if my computer boots properly. I begin trying to access the BIOS through F1, F2, F8, F10, and the suggested DEL key commands on boot, nothing. Many times my computer would actually just not boot at all and be on without doing anything if I tried this like before. Then I came across a method that says you can access BIOS by holding SHIFT while restarting. I got into the Windows 8-esque menu, and looked for the UEFI option that is supposedly on most computers, and nothing.

Long story short, at this point i'm not even sure if my computer has BIOS functionality anymore, as weird as that sounds. And it's driving me nuts because i've accessed BIOS before on this computer to make sure new components functioned properly. Google searches don't seem to be doing me any good, Youtube's not helping, Acronis forums have similar but not the same problems, and now i'm hoping to get an inkling of an idea here.

Any kind of info will help at this point.
My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77-HD3.

You give conflicting informations:
  • Cannot boot
  • Got into Windows 8 escape menu (it does boot)

So what is the problem - Cannot get Windows to start, cannot enter bios menu, or both ?

Also you haven't mention excactly what you have done to your disks? Are the old HDD completely removed? Did Acronis give any error messages?
Have you tried to boot using the old drive?
Was there issues with the Windows installation before you did the clone job ?

Dusky Crow

Commendable
May 25, 2019
Sorry for the conflicting info. I'll try and specify.

The main problem is I can't access BIOS. I managed to clone the drive, so we can ignore that part. (It ran in the background but didn't display screen information after restart)
Trying to access BIOS through Function keys will seemingly result in a bad boot. Meaning it will boot up, but no information will be displayed on the monitor.
Pressing the power button in this state results in an immediate shutdown. Rather than sitting and holding for a forced shut down. (Not sure if this is just my system, or universal. Worth mentioning possibly.)
There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with Windows 10.
There is no UEFI Firmware Settings option in the escape menu.

This is a thought, but could this be a problem with integrated graphics and my graphics card? Not sure why it would be, but I came across a video saying Acronis hates multi-monitor enabled options and won't display information if it's on. But either way, i'm having issues accessing BIOS, Acronis or not.

I think we wait about the cloning process (Haven't used Acronis, I personally trust Clonezilla for this kind of job). Reason is that if there is a problem with MB or RAM, that could potentially make other programs to fail - so we don't spend time on a software before we know what's up with hardware.

Personally I haven't heard about a GPU that causes that kind og problems with the system. But rare issues cann't be ruled out like that, just saying I haven't heard of before.

Need you to answer this in order to proceed :
Do the bios allow you to enter boot menu (the menu that offer you to manually select boot media)

And this:
When running WIndows - Do you experience any odd behaviour from the computer? Do it work fine when running games and other CPU/GPU intensive tasks ?

And this:
Are you running the CLONED copy of the harddrive, or are you still running (booting from) the original harddrive?

Here is the thing I would like you to do (test procedure):
- If the computer is able to boot from a CD/DVD drive, I want you to go get Memtest86+, either from the Memtest86+ official website or from the UBCD toolkit. I recommend the latter because it contains many usefull tools to check other hardware as well. After that, have Memtest to run overnight and see if it outputs any error.