[SOLVED] Can't install Win 10 on GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard

jasperlapidge01

Prominent
Mar 4, 2018
Hi all, a friend recently bought a new SSD for his computer and I went around to install windows onto it, I had my usb stick with a windows install on and I installed the SSD into the computer, but the USB stick couldn't be detected by the bios.

I could still boot onto windows, which is still on the HDD at this point, and windows can see both the SSD and USB drive. I used rufus to ensure the USB stick was in MBR, as the bios is legacy not UEFI. When I go onto the boot menu I can see Hard disk, USB FFD, USB HDD, USB CDROM, USB ZIP, LS120, CDROM, and Legacy Lan, all of these either led into windows 10, or nothing. The USB stick is a 16gb 2.0 drive that I used to install windows on my computer.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Solution
Sounds like Rufus created a UEFI boot stick and you need legacy.
Just use Microsofts media Creation tool, it creates both on one stick. You can use the tool and point it at your Win10 ISO. no need to re-download it.

jasperlapidge01

Prominent
Mar 4, 2018
it should be that usb hdd, if it doesnt work, your usb stick isnt bootable, try again with rufus
The USB HDD leads into windows 10. I did use rufus but i'm still having problems, also, it's the same USB stick that I have used on mine to boot multiple times, could it be that the old motherboard doesn't support my USB stick?