[SOLVED] Controlling RGB fans with motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2021
Basically, I bought a 'KOLINK Observatory Lite RGB Midi Tower' and connected the fans to the hub it provided, then connected the SATA to my PSU and the RGB lead to my motherboard which is a Gigabyte B560 AORUS PRO AX ATX Motherboard .

The fans can only be controlled by the remote and won't be controlled by the motherboard/program. My CPU fan, Ram, and the lights on the motherboard are connected and can be controlled by the motherboard/program but the case fans just wont which I'm pretty sure they should be able to.

Has anyone got any idea why and if it can be fixed? I really want to sync up all the lights.

Solution
Since you have a Gigabyte mobo, you will need to be running their RGB Fusion software to control lights from the mobo ARGB header. Then you need to be able to tell the Hub system in your Kolink case to use those signals, rather than its own way of doing things. I suspect that is what the Green button at top left of your remote control unit is for - the button marked M/B. Push that to see if it turns over control of the lights to your mobo. A simple push and release may accomplish this, OR on SOME such system you need to hold down the button for 5 sec to get it to work.
Dec 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The motherboard listed above, has two headers for LED control, which one did you tether the fans/fan hub to? The fans are ARGB so you should be tethering the hub to the D_LED headers, either D_LED1 or D_LED2 , not both. Mind sharing a picture of the headers that run out of the fan hub...? The installation manual for the fan hub seems a little off.
The RGB thing lead was plugged into D_LED2 and all the leads look like this: Here, this isn't including the Santa cable that connects to the PSU

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Since you have a Gigabyte mobo, you will need to be running their RGB Fusion software to control lights from the mobo ARGB header. Then you need to be able to tell the Hub system in your Kolink case to use those signals, rather than its own way of doing things. I suspect that is what the Green button at top left of your remote control unit is for - the button marked M/B. Push that to see if it turns over control of the lights to your mobo. A simple push and release may accomplish this, OR on SOME such system you need to hold down the button for 5 sec to get it to work.

Solution
Sep 2, 2023
Hi, sorry to resurrect this old thread. I had the same issue but holding the m/b button down for around 5 seconds switched to the motherboard and can now control the fan lights via the Fusion software.
My question is how can one control the fan speed via the motherboard? If you switch to controlling the lights via motherboard then you can't use the remote anymore to control the fan speed.
I understand the cable from the RGB controller only connects to the RGB header on the motherboard but are there other ways to be able to control the fan speed and lights via the motherboard.
The motherboard does have 4 other 4-pin fan connectors but presumably these will only control the fan speed and not the RGB lights.
Hope that explains the issue, in short how can I control the case fans (speed and RGB) from the motherboard at the same time. I would prefer the case fans to increase/decrease speed as temperatures change along with the CPU fan.

DSzymborski

Titan
You would only be able to do that with a specialized hub. RGB lights and fan controls are done with different cables for fans.

But start a new thread with *your* details about your PC and *exact* fans and motherboard. Resurrecting a two-year-old solved thread is almost never appropriate, and unless you have *identical* equipment and *identical* problems, this certainly isn't one of those exceptions.

Reactions: LeeRuss
Status
Not open for further replies.