Mar 28, 2023
I just upgraded from a 650W PSU to an EVGA 1000GT, and when I tried to boot I got the CPU fan error. I made sure all connections were seated snugly, and tried plugging the SATA power plug for the cooler into SATA 1-4 on the PSU, and the peripheral slot to no avail. Everything else works fine, and the PSU is brand new. I read something that said this specific PSU doesn’t like 3rd party connectors, but I don’t see how that could be the issue. The Pump LEDs do not light up, and none of the fans spin, but when I reconnected my 650W, everything worked fine again. I’m at a total loss here, even if one of the SATA power ports is defective, it should’ve worked in the Peripheral slot just fine. I tried the tester plug too and it did not power up, but I wouldn’t expect it to with no power to the board. I’m dreading going to MicroCenter to have them tell me I need to RMA the PSU so any suggestions are welcome. 🙏

Mar 28, 2023
Why are you hooking the aio directly up to the PSU? Plug the fans and pump into the motherboard fan headers.
Sorry I made that sound confusing, the fans are hooked up to the cooler as they should be, the CPU Fan Header is connected to the motherboard, but I have the original H100 which requires supplemental power from the PSU

The power comes from the sata connection.
The wire per the instructions that connects to the cpu fan header is just a single 1 strand wire in a 3 pin fan header plug, is to supply pump Rpm to the mobo cpu fan header.
So it is something with the new psu since it works with the old psu.

Are you using the new cables supplied with the new psu and not mixing them?

Mar 28, 2023
The power comes from the sata connection.
The wire per the instructions that connects to the cpu fan header is just a single 1 strand wire in a 3 pin fan header plug, is to supply pump Rpm to the mobo cpu fan header.
So it is something with the new psu since it works with the old psu.

Are you using the new cables supplied with the new psu and not mixing them?
I was using the original cable for the cooler, since it’s hooked up to a proprietary wire harness kind of thing, but when I get home I’ll try using one of the new cables and see if that fixes it.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The H100 unit has a two-headed cable from the pump unit. Of that, a wide connector is for power. It MUST be plugged into a normal SATA power OUTPUT connector coming from the PSU. That does NOT mean any socket on the PSU unit itself! Normally any PSU has a set of wires from it that has several SATA power output conectors along it to be plugged into HDD's, etc. to supply power to those devices. That same set of wires MAY have a 4-pin Molex power output also. The connector from the PUMP is supposed to plug into ONE of those several SATA outputs along that set of wires. Do NOT try to plug it inot any socket right on the PSU!

TRENDING THREADS