nabajoli

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
First of all hello all ;

Gonna make some changes in my computer except my cpu which is intel i7 3770k gonna buy gigabyte B365M auros elite intel motherboard along with DDR4 16gb ram and for gpu gigabyte geforce rtx2060 super windforce 8g and gonna put them all in new case Cooler master mastercase pro 5 so the question is what kind of power supply i need i mean 500W or 500W+ and do i need extra cooling in this system thank you .

i didnt know that my new motherboard wouldnt fit with my old cpu so i need to change my cpu also now so what cpu should i get in this system thanks

Solution
As th ere are several 600-650 watt PSUs in the $55-$60 range, that would be my target. (I'd much rather be running a PSU at 50-60% of it's rated load vice a smaller one at 75-90% of it's rating, despite many folks advocating it's perfectly fine to run most at 95% of their rated capacity..)

As for CPU, if you choose a "K" series (which you can never overclock on a B365 board anyway), you now also need a new cooler...(DarkRock or Scythen Mugen 5, etc); many are happy with the somewhat thread-limited 9400F or 9600 which come with coolers, but, either of these would/should likely be a 'no streaming' system, what with zero threads to spare for any extra tasks while gaming...

If you have aspirations of gaming while streaming, chatting/...
As th ere are several 600-650 watt PSUs in the $55-$60 range, that would be my target. (I'd much rather be running a PSU at 50-60% of it's rated load vice a smaller one at 75-90% of it's rating, despite many folks advocating it's perfectly fine to run most at 95% of their rated capacity..)

As for CPU, if you choose a "K" series (which you can never overclock on a B365 board anyway), you now also need a new cooler...(DarkRock or Scythen Mugen 5, etc); many are happy with the somewhat thread-limited 9400F or 9600 which come with coolers, but, either of these would/should likely be a 'no streaming' system, what with zero threads to spare for any extra tasks while gaming...

If you have aspirations of gaming while streaming, chatting/ Discord , and watching youtube simultaneously on a second monitor, I'd consider a 6c/12t system like a B450/R5-2600 combo... (and personally, I'd prefer this to a 6c/6t system like a 9400-9600K, even if the 2600 is slightly outperformed in average/peak FPS simply for the more consistent minimum FPS levels (the infamous .1/1% lows) on the low end....

Solution

nabajoli

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
hmm well im not into overlocking but i can change my motherboard also because in market now amd ryzen 5 3500 and 3600 are much cheaper then intel cpus so i can go for amd i guess but dont know really what to do case is done gpu is done but i really get confused about cpu and motherboard the reason im buying new motherboard is i got m2 ssd to put it in thats why also